• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire House Cat Renders Here!

pRabbit

Was thrilled to bits when Lil' Kitty was released (and I was hoping it would be on the last Friday of September :D )

By coincidence Catwoman was released at another site on the same day ;) And that gave me an idea of revisiting a render I tried 3 years ago but could never quite get to work...

This time I'm pretty happy with it :x3:

Title: Two Kittehs

Pretty frigging amazing render :eek:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Was thrilled to bits when Lil' Kitty was released (and I was hoping it would be on the last Friday of September :D )

By coincidence Catwoman was released at another site on the same day ;) And that gave me an idea of revisiting a render I tried 3 years ago but could never quite get to work...

Amazing! Love it! Lil' Kitty is her good luck charm.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Great work everyone.. even though the little puss doesn't interest me it sure is awesome to see what you all can do with it.. A great product for sure :beehive:

Dan30

Adventurous

Literally, looks like a closeup shot from a live action movie! It will be really hard to beat, technically as well as emotionally. I like it a lot! I hope more like it to follow.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Awesome renders, all - you have me smiling as I work!!!

Banditcameraman

Enthusiast
Amazing! Love it! Lil' Kitty is her good luck charm.

:eek: /me faints :barefoot:

Wow, high praise from you @Chris , I've been lurking in the Big and Lil' Kitty creation thread (s) and saw how much work you put into them, and even more importantly, shared the creation process with the community which not only resulted in using input to make teh Kittehs the absolute best 3D felids but in peeps' becoming emotionally invested in them :inlove: :balloon03: :love:

Literally, looks like a closeup shot from a live action movie! It will be really hard to beat, technically as well as emotionally. I like it a lot! I hope more like it to follow.

Welcome to the Hive @Dan30 and many thanks for the kind words :x3: When I revisted the earlier attempt and tried to duplicate the poses, since originally it was for V4 and the Mill Cat and the Lil' Kitty and Standalone Catwoman from FoRender don't have the same rigging, it wasn't quite working and I wasn't feeling it :coffee:

Then I remembered what I told my students the other day when I evaluated what I felt were indifferently composed scenes of a test shoot about the an owner's last day with his beloved dog before it's euthanized :cry:

I told them: "Shoot it like a love story."

Things fell into place after that, although I stayed longer with the original IBL (Factory Catwalk) longer than I should have before changing it, solely because of the name :x3: