• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Cat Renders Here!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, I really wanted to find a nice Savannah or Serengeti HDRi so I could do this render in SuperFly, but even though there are some great images out there of that part of the world, there aren't any HDRi's that I could find.

Sooooo, here's a FireFly render of the "Lion Family On The Savannah". :D

LionFamilyOnTheSavannah.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Argh. Hate when that happens. In my case I generally left something rendering overnight and get up in the morning to find Studio sitting there with a blank viewport. The computer restarts. The program restarts. But the render certainly doesn't.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't think I've ever had my computer restart unexpectedly. Good thing, because I'd probably unplug it, and throw it out the nearest window. ~sheesh~

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
OK, I really wanted to find a nice Savannah or Serengeti HDRi so I could do this render in SuperFly, but even though there are some great images out there of that part of the world, there aren't any HDRi's that I could find.

Sooooo, here's a FireFly render of the "Lion Family On The Savannah". :D

View attachment 39034

Great setting for this proud family. Wow!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Bringing the cubs to the water...cautiously.:laugh: My first play with the lions.

View attachment 39055

Now this is amazing. How can you not be moved by this image? I've been wondering how you put this one together. And I'd really like to know. The environment looks real. I imagine it is, but there are some astounding looks that can be created these days with the right software. So I wonder. You have matched the look and lighting on the animals, added soft shadows, and some convincing reflection. Then the interaction with the cubs, and the cautious parents. But the posing and foot placement is perfect on the rocky surfaces. The bugs around the head of the Lion is a very nice realistic touch, and the birds flying off after getting refreshed. Well thought out, and well done. I look for weaknesses and see none.

Impressive in every way. Very striking!! Kudos to you.