• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Gorilla Renders!

Me195

Extraordinary
For your entertainment I submit : "A day at the zoo"

Monkey bussiness.jpg

Oddly enough this is the best I've been able to make Dusk's skin look in Superfly. What a happy accident.

Me195

Extraordinary
Hey Me, are you using Snarly's EZSkin 3 in Poser 11? It really makes things easier for rendering character skins with SuperFly. You don't need it for FireFly.

Yes I use EZSkin 3 quite a bit in Poser 11. In this particular render I was using a cycles shader for Dusk's skin that I made along with one I made for the bomber jacket. This was the render that taught me I needed EZDome. You're right you don't need EZSkin 3 for Fire Fly. Coincidentally it Was EZSkin 2 that taught me how to make good looking skin in Fire Fly. The more I learn about both render engines the more I begin to understand both Snarly and BagginsBill's genius.

Carey

Extraordinary
Thank you I appreciate that. I could have sworn I replied when I liked your comment. I must have typed it out then clicked away without hitting post reply. Hmmm.... maybe no one will notice.
It is called the "eithernet" It is an alternative universe I read your message there as I recall....lol

D

Deleted member 325

Here's a glimpse of a character I have been kitbashing for a while now = a Great and Monstrous ape. Still have work to do on him yet. Cross Posting here and in the Ruckus thread as he uses Ruckus and Gorilla morphs.

Carey

Extraordinary
The new Gorilla is unbelievably realistic! WOW!

What a fun & amazing creation!

Here are the HiveWire products I used in this scene:
HiveWire Gorilla for Dusk by CG Cubed, Christopher Creek Art, & Virtual World

SBRM Africa (Black Headed Weaver) by Ken Gilliland

Grasses & Flowers with Jungle Mist by Lisa's Botanicals
Tropicals by Lisa's Botanicals

Jungle Magic
View attachment 9373
He is getting the right idea, all intelligence flows from birds...Fun render