• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Looks nice Lyne. The only thing I noticed is, Dusk is bent over too far. His upper body looks totally parallel to the floor, and I've never seen anyone, man or woman, lean that far over a pool table. It might help to have him standing a little bit further away from the table too.

I know it also depends on the player's height, but Dusk is tall, so shouldn't be a problem. Here's a link to a site which talks about the proper Pool Stance. There are 8 points with photos, and if you scroll down to 07 Looking Like A Pro, you'll see what I mean --> Pool Stance - The Big Secret!

BTW, I looked at some others, and I saw a couple with the hand pose you used, so that's fine. Not everyone can curl their finger around a pool cue that easily. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I never curled my finger over, must be an Aussie (or newbie) thing because I don't remember seeing anyone else either. I've really only seen the open bridge, like this

I too think he might be leaning a little to far (I only saw girls who were showing off their cleavage bend like that :p).
And I don't remember seeing an almost open hand at the back like that, this is what I remember How To Create The Classic Pool Grip

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Oh nooo... to get Dusk's hand & stick to rest on the table, he had to bend that far... I'd have to start from scratch...groan...hhmmmm...

I DO need to know about the ball colors, please. THANKS... BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD! :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This is the Snooker ball colours, a red need to be sunk first before you can sink a colour (which needs to be in order but I can't remember the order, its been nearly 30 years, sorry) but black is always last (and worth the most points).

These are Pool ball colours.

Edited to add:
The further the ball is from the edge, the more you need to lean over to reach, otherwise you don't normally get too low.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Edited to add:
The further the ball is from the edge, the more you need to lean over to reach, otherwise you don't normally get too low.
Yes, and I suppose someone over 6' tall would probably bend over further, and Rae, that's the same link I put in my post, I just named it differently. ;)

Lyne, I don't think you need to start over from scratch. From what I can see, if you make his waist bend a little less, and lower his arm a little bit more, you can always move the white and red balls a little closer so they look like they're still the same amount of space away from the tip of the cue.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Hmmm I moved Dusk1 a bit...need to move his balls farther away to give him a reason to bend that much (can you tell- I REALLY do not want to change his pose...invariably all body parts need adjusting when the parts that HAVE to contact with a surface changes....

DuskPoolTest2.jpg

I took a break and set up a Natannie (spell?) Dusk on a chair too... can't see how hard I worked on posing & dressing him, so here is a little portrait...:)

NataniePoolTest.jpg

Now I GOT to go do my "food prep chores" & rest my hands....

OH and thanks so much, Rae, for the colors... can't map w/numbers, but at least I can color them better. :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
LOL. As always, I'm waaaaay behind. Love the renders, all!!

Me195

Extraordinary
Superb renders everyone!! Forgive me if I don't comment on each!!

Happy 4th Of July!!

Poser Custom Char using CG Cube's Sculpted Dusk

Look What I Caught!
View attachment 27319
Products Used:
Dusk SE, Custom Dusk Char, Sculpted Dusk, Jungle Kids Taji Mats, Poser Crab, Ron Diviney's Water brushes, Cloud brushes created in PS, BG image is from Photoshop Creative stock images

That is a fantastic composition. It's all blended so perfectly.

I don't play pool...and am converting the V4 pose for Dusk...is it right? I had the L hand index finger curling around the cue stick, but it would NOT light right, so chose this hand "stance" I saw on Google... (his neck tendons look odd so would fix that in post) but overall is this Ok?
View attachment 27408

took HOURS to get his feet flush w/ the floor...but I'm a stickler for that sort of thing :)

Oh and All the cue balls in this set were white, so I had to color them...is this right? hit a white one to get the red in the pocket, or should that be a black ball??

The render looks outstanding. I love your artstyle. I do have to agree with Miss B on the pose though.