• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

Me195

Extraordinary
Nebulae Horse
A dream
Hivewire horse and Dusk SE
space textures thanks to NASA

Your render is cosmic. It's very surreal, and I love how the lighting ties everything together. Very well done.

Thank you, Me195.

Your renders are well done! I like the one from above best!

You're welcome. Thank you very much. Me too.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Haven't rendered anything in a while but had chance to have a quick play today. Experimenting with dof which I have not had much luck with in the past. Dusk is wearing Ken's western shirt, ph cool hair, takas mat, sf design's iray eyes and the gorilla's dirty teeth texture, head morph is one I quickly whipped up in Zbrush. Photo background and Iray hdri lights.
Ky  Taka texture gorilla teeth sf eyes my morph.jpg

Me195

Extraordinary
Seems to me there was once a bird man cartoon, kinda prefer this one, but will he work for mere bird seed?? a great fun render..

I think there was one from the late 60's called Birdman and (something or other) trio. I can't remember the full title, but I remember the reruns. When I finished the texture he kind of reminded me of howard the duck. I don't know if he'll work for just bird seed. Maybe if he is offered worms, snakes, and grasshoppers in addition to the bird seed. Thank you I'm glad you like the render.

Carey

Extraordinary
I think there was one from the late 60's called Birdman and (something or other) trio. I can't remember the full title, but I remember the reruns. When I finished the texture he kind of reminded me of howard the duck. I don't know if he'll work for just bird seed. Maybe if he is offered worms, snakes, and grasshoppers in addition to the bird seed. Thank you I'm glad you like the render.
There are times I just want to say, "Hey I like the way your mind is working!" The art work itself might not be mind blowing, but seeing through the thought process going into a render is many times fascinating...

Me195

Extraordinary
Haven't rendered anything in a while but had chance to have a quick play today. Experimenting with dof which I have not had much luck with in the past. Dusk is wearing Ken's western shirt, ph cool hair, takas mat, sf design's iray eyes and the gorilla's dirty teeth texture, head morph is one I quickly whipped up in Zbrush. Photo background and Iray hdri lights. View attachment 27094

Excellent portrait. I really like how soft all of the edges are. It more closely mimics how people actually see things. Your choice in lighting and character design is also really great too.

Awesome stuff peeps. Not dropped an image in a while so here's one. Also shared in dawnforum.

U want some?

Cheers

Jon

Fantastic render. I love the character designs. The whole look of the scene is hardcore.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Superb renders everyone!! Forgive me if I don't comment on each!!

Happy 4th Of July!!

Poser Custom Char using CG Cube's Sculpted Dusk

Look What I Caught!
Look What I Caught.jpg

Products Used:
Dusk SE, Custom Dusk Char, Sculpted Dusk, Jungle Kids Taji Mats, Poser Crab, Ron Diviney's Water brushes, Cloud brushes created in PS, BG image is from Photoshop Creative stock images

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I don't play pool...and am converting the V4 pose for Dusk...is it right? I had the L hand index finger curling around the cue stick, but it would NOT light right, so chose this hand "stance" I saw on Google... (his neck tendons look odd so would fix that in post) but overall is this Ok?
DuskPoolTest.jpg

took HOURS to get his feet flush w/ the floor...but I'm a stickler for that sort of thing :)

Oh and All the cue balls in this set were white, so I had to color them...is this right? hit a white one to get the red in the pocket, or should that be a black ball??