• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I do that with all my ARs. I put Artistic Render, Miss B and a small logo of whatever software I rendered it in, on 3 lines in one of the bottom corners, depending on where it would be noticed more easily.

For my own renders, I leave off the Artistic Render, and put © Miss B 2016, or whatever year I happened to render it in, in one bottom corner, and the small software logo in the opposite bottom corner.

First I want to say, love the backgrounds! Second:
I have a couple of questions to throw out to see what it catches. This ^^ is something that I've been trying to decide on for quite some time, and now that I've stepped into a new arena, it's becoming more urgent. I have done art for a long time, and I'm never quite sure what to put on the pictures! lol. I have used my first name, my last name, both names, I have had galleries under my name, under Dakorillon (Dax is the short form) on here and Devientart, Under "Immortal Moments" which I use for web design and general art, and TnTCreations for jewelry and sewing, AND Howling Moon Publishing for books and art relating to it. Now on ShareCG I have 2 galleries, one under Immortal Moments, and one under Dakorillon. In Second Life my store is Charismatica, And on DAZ, I go by my name because I signed up for the forums way back in 2006! So I'm feeling very MPD. In the 3D digital world, most people seem to go by a pseudonym, but???? Any opinions would be lovely. I'm leaning towards Immortal Moments, but would it better to sign things with my name and the store/company/business be Immortal Moments? I really don't have a clue and I think it's something that should be settled before I try for CA/PA or become a famous writer/author. lol. Sorry for hijacking the thread in advance.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
My goodness, that's allot of signatures. For me, I go by RAMWolff or RAMWorks. RAMWorks is mostly for business and RAMWolff is on line forums. Folks call me Wolffie too, even on Facebook. So pick one that you are really drawn to and that will make your life a little bit simpler.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Like RAM said, if you slim your choice of signatures down it will make your life a bit simper :D

All your art stuff should be under the same name so fans can easily find your stuff (your jewellery and writing can be different, but still if you would like your fans to find everything you do then having a similar name would make it easier for them).

My online presence is usually Rae134 or Raze if for some reason Rae134 is taken or cant be used (because usually just Rae is already taken and the 134 is my date of birth so easy for me to remember :p)
Rae Designs is my business name (for my Graphic Design, but I've decided to put everything under it, again for consistency). And since I've always signed my drawings etc with my real name signature, I sign my 3D stuff like that too, although in future if I was to do it for promos/advertising or such I might put my logo on them too so it was recognizable in an instant but I find that detracts from the art so it would depend (might even just use the "R").
RD sml.png

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I really don't have a clue and I think it's something that should be settled before I try for CA/PA or become a famous writer/author. lol. Sorry for hijacking the thread in advance.

My best suggestion? Pick one. Pick a single one, and stick to it everywhere you post. Not only does this make life easier for you, but it also makes it easier for other people to recognize you. And, if you venture into freebie or commercial content creation, being able to be recognized is going to be very important. Your name sort of becomes your "brand" at that point.

Online, I do not give out my real name very easily. I go by Seliah, as an artist, but all of my freebies, and my commercial items are always and have always been posted under "Childe of Fyre." to make the connection easier on folks, when I signed up on the new forums here, I put both of those names together as my username here, and I have done the same thing on DeviantArt. On Renderosity and on Daz's forums, I always went under "Seliah," though again, when announcing my freebies, it was always mentioned that I was Childe of Fyre.

Consistency is your friend when it comes to whatever pseudonym you choose to operate under. Especially if you start producing content. :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Urban Camouflage by Lyne posted Jul 11, 2016 at 9:51 AM

interesting... Dusk art is 45 pages to Dawn's 90....well I LIKE MEN, and women.... ;)

I like that render a lot, Lyne. :)

And yes, it's very typical for the male render threads to be quite a bit smaller than female. It's always been that way in 3D, and probably always will. LOL

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Nice render, Lyne :)

Dusk has been getting most of the love with my buying and rendering lately, him or Luna. I did pick up Dawn's face and body morphs in the last sale but that's been my only purchase for her in a long while. And she hasn't been out of her folder for a while either, except for when using Diva. Poor Dawn, languishing unloved while the others are out and about ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Lovely images everyone!

I use Satira Capriccio for everything art related online. But ... I do use my real name to "sign" my art.

Now ... when it comes to MMORPGs ... it's Taeyn Kaidyrsi. I named my first MMORPG character after my kitten who was named after a Celtic moon goddess. When Taeyn the Wood Elf reached the level she could add a last name, I gave her a name that means Fire Thorn.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've always used Miss B (in one form or another) as my forum identities, and as part of my signature on my renders. My Gmail emails, and my personal IP provided email all have Miss B in one form or another.

It all started when my dad was still alive, as he always called my mom Mrs. B when he was in a playful mood. Once he passed, a friend of mine, who had never met my mother before, called her Mrs. B, and my mother and I just looked at each other, because neither of us expected it. My friend was apologetic, but my mom said "no problem", and she started calling me Miss B. It's been kept up by one friend or another over the years, as my last name starts with the letter B (obviously).

Only one of my websites has Miss B as part of the domain name (see the sigtag below). ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, I hadn't noticed that Rae, but now that you mention it, he does look like David.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't think it would take too much to tweak it to look more like him, Miss B, the nose a bit and the jaw needs to be slightly squarer but that's about it I think.

What is that hair Carey?

Last edited: