• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

Carey

Extraordinary
The Hair is called "Digital curls" now I wished I could tell you more about it , but I have a particular way of arranging my libraries. I found this in my micheal 4 libary, but that means nothing as I move things around as I adapt them to various characters. Now I do not yet have the morphs for dusk, but poser has a morphing tool, I could not decide whether I should make him a "matirx" like character or "David" even thought of putting "Goliath" in the back ground but decided against making this a full scene as I have much work to do in developing this character yet. Thus far I have only re-worked the textures on the head and neck of this character.

I would also like to pass on what all I did, but it would all be in sort of poser language and not much use to all you dazzy people...lol

I like skin with imperfections or "character" See the human eye and brain see a pretty face and it is just as quickly forgotten....ah but add some distinguishing imperfections and that is what the eye sends to the brain to remember. A trick I learned as a sculptor. Sure you try to make your subject prettier then what they really are, any artist that wants to get paid does, but you add a few of the imperfections, just a touch here and there and they'll think you've caught their very soul in your work....lol

I was a very good sculptor by the way, still struggling to regain that skill level in 3D though.....

Thanks all for enjoying my efforts....

I never let a chance to copy the great Artists get away I studied them for many years. It makes me appear better then I am...lol

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Carey.

I think that's why sometimes its hard to tell a render from a photograph, so many photos are 'shopped so much the people look plastic and artist are so talented and add those little imperfections (what imperfections? they are DETAILS!) so the render looks more real than a photo these days :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I found it, its funny but he did use "David" in his promos :D (although Carey, I think even though you didn't mean to make Dusk look like him, yours does look more alike)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Took a little break today to play. Made a David morph. Fitted Jonas Hair to Dusk and reshaped it to look a bit more like the statue. Used a mixture of my Bruno Muscular 01 and 02 to get the body shape. Got the pose about right too!

David for Dusk Profile.jpg
David for Dusk QuarterView.jpg
David for Dusk.jpg
Not a perfect David but pretty close I think!

No nudity to used the very handy Loin Cloth from the Hive!

@RAMWolff the face is perfect! The hair needs a bit better fit though as it seems the front is a little too far out (and please take this comment as it is meant not as dissing you. A slight adjustment would make the whole thing perfect.) That morph is so good though. Way to take the inspiration from @Carey and going with it.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
These were rendered initially as artistic promos... I couldn't show them before since we were still kind of putting things together on the package. There is a hefty amount of postwork in this, but I did use images from the Waters of Life background packages in these.

Yes, there is postwork involved - they were artistic examples....

View media item 1750
View media item 1751

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Took a little break today to play. Made a David morph. Fitted Jonas Hair to Dusk and reshaped it to look a bit more like the statue. Used a mixture of my Bruno Muscular 01 and 02 to get the body shape. Got the pose about right too!

View attachment 13100 View attachment 13101 View attachment 13102 Not a perfect David but pretty close I think!

No nudity to used the very handy Loin Cloth from the Hive!
Awesome morphs. Is this going to be a new character for Dusk?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks all, I appreciate it.

Yea, the hair I think was made for Michael 7 so it's just parented to Dusk's head after I created a skull cap fit for it in ZBrush. I wanted to give the hair a more loose look because if I were to smash it in too much to look like the statue's hair it would probably look a little odd. The story of David is that in one hand he has a rock and the other a sling shot band over his shoulder to fight with so I imagine the real model for David probably had some crazy curl action going on but Michelangelo was working with stone so probably put artistic license to make it a bit neater (just my viewpoint on it) The front of my curly hair, when I wore it longer, was always sticking out funny :p .....

I'm thinking he will part of my growing gene pool for Dusk so will get his day in the sun as a product. The skin I used, by the way, is Steve's Axel as the skin is very smooth with very little imperfections but has allot more detail than my own skin for Tommy. Might have to try my hand at making a stone body texture! lol

Last edited:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
These were rendered initially as artistic promos... I couldn't show them before since we were still kind of putting things together on the package. There is a hefty amount of postwork in this, but I did use images from the Waters of Life background packages in these.

Yes, there is postwork involved - they were artistic examples....

View media item 1750
View media item 1751

I love this newest set, it's in my cart and thanks for adding the "Artistic Render" note on the images. They all look fab! :)