• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

Hornet3d

Wise
I have been using Dawn in my renders for a fair few months now but when it came to paring her up with a male partner it has been M4 up until now, so I thought it about time I brought Dusk into the picture. This is my first attempt at doing some dial spinning to create something to go with my heroine. The texture is a slightly tweaked Alaric by Faery Light.

Base Pair j.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes Lorraine, I think he said he "tweaked" Dusk, and I think he did a nice job of it. ;)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Doh, that's what comes of speedreading! Went back for another read and there it was in black and white. I'm getting worse in my old age, Miss B.

Hornet3d

Wise
Nice Hornet, but they don't look very impressed :p

Thanks, I think they got fed up with me changing things, poor Caoimhe was introduced to this guy and each time she looked at him something changed, eye colour, shape of the eyes, nose and face and I am not sure all the changes are done yet.

Very nice, Hornet! Is he your morph too? He's rather yummy :sneaky:

Yes Lorraine, I think he said he "tweaked" Dusk, and I think he did a nice job of it. ;)

All of the morphs used are the packs sold here such as the starter morphs, and head and body morphs. From there it is just dial spinning just like my female character. The prompt for me to do all of this was my discovery of the Alaric texture by Faery Light as the reason I had not used Dusk before is he looked too much of a 'toy boy' when used with my heroine. First renders looked promising particularly the odd scars his face carries as I think it suggests he is a man of action but I felt he was just a little too old for what I was looking for. I have found a great deal of the perception of age comes from the texture so I took the texture into Paint Shop Pro and reduced the lines slightly. I am not sure I have finished with the changes yet I will need use the figure in a few renders and see how it goes but I think any further changes will be fairly subtle. I did the same with the Caoimhe figure for a while, a slight modification to the nose after a profile type render for example. I have used her is so many renders now the figure is sort of set if I want the renders to be consistent, that or if I did want to change a lot I would have to come up with a story line to explain why.

Miss B

CV-BEE
WOW CajunBeauty, that's an awesome render. Did you dial those head shapes yourself?

Miss B

CV-BEE
No. I used the Dawn and Dusk Creature Heads for that. They work beautifully.
Great! I have them for both Dawn and Dusk, but haven't had a chance to play with them. Now that I see what they can do, I'm sure I'll be playing with them soon. ;)