• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Yes, the tartans are usually very specific to a clan/family and their crest.

That being said though - there's no reason you can't do your own, and no reason Dusk can't have his own clan and crest, right? :)

I really like how it's turning out. Is the mesh fully welded on the kilt? I'd almost be curious to see how well that would perform converted to dynamic... yes, this the she wolf, I am known for breaking my toys. LOL!!

I do like how it's coming along, Glitter. :) I think the red especially is very nice.

Oh yeah, I model everything in. The only thing you'll have to do to sim the kilt is to constrain the buckles on the side, and they are (of course) a separate material so it will be simple.

I'm not sure what a sim will do to the pleats in the back - haven't tried it. I sure would hate to see all that work destroyed by the cloth room, though.
KiltBack.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I think she meant to try it in DynCreator in DS Traci...I don't believe that allows you to constrain anything unfortunately.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh yeah, I model everything in. The only thing you'll have to do to sim the kilt is to constrain the buckles on the side, and they are (of course) a separate material so it will be simple.

I'm not sure what a sim will do to the pleats in the back - haven't tried it. I sure would hate to see all that work destroyed by the cloth room, though.

Nah. If it didn't work well, I would not do you the injustice of posting with it. It's just an experimental idea in my head. :) One of those "I wonder if...." types of things.

I think she meant to try it in DynCreator in DS Traci...I don't believe that allows you to constrain anything unfortunately.

Yes. I know DS doesn't allow for constraints at this time, and I would be working in DS with it. I would just be curious to see what happened. LOL

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...Same...generally as long as you don't resave the toys it easier enough to load up a new one...that's the joy of working virtually.

So true Traci!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
lol...Same...generally as long as you don't resave the toys it easier enough to load up a new one...that's the joy of working virtually.

And if you did make an oopsie and saved over the toy, you just go back to the shelf and open up the zip file and reinstall... bingo, toy fixed. LOL!!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Kilt's (the whole get up) are so neat...what with "Outlander" .... the Scottish culture is so interesting to me! :)

ooo cool and what outfit is that Pen? (cross-dressed?)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Kilt's (the whole get up) are so neat...what with "Outlander" .... the Scottish culture is so interesting to me! :)

ooo cool and what outfit is that Pen? (cross-dressed?)
Yep, he is cross dressed in an outfit that belongs to Dawn...I used the autofit to convert it. It was just a quick conversion. One day when I have more time I will do it properly.
Hey Pen, I don't know if I like his face or his outfit more :D :balloon03:
Thanks Rae...the morph is mine. I'm trying to remember (Just waking up here) whether it was one I included in the pack I did for Dusk.

Looks like I did
Dusk Head Morphs - DAZ Studio - ShareCG
Headmorphs for Dusk Poser version - Poser - ShareCG

not sure if you can dial in the head without the ears though...might be possible to do in Poser though...hmmm I'll have to try it.