• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Michele

Eager
Both look great Michele. :)

Thanks, Miss B!

All about encouraging folks to experiment with, and use, those dials.

I know I'm not on the forums very often, so maybe it's something that's already been done, but have you ever hosted a contest for dial-spun characters? There's a nice number of Hivewire morph sets available for Dawn, Dusk, and Luna and it'd be interesting to see the range of characters people would come up with using those dials.

Well, I think it would be interesting. Others might not. :p

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks, Miss B!

All about encouraging folks to experiment with, and use, those dials.

I know I'm not on the forums very often, so maybe it's something that's already been done, but have you ever hosted a contest for dial-spun characters? There's a nice number of Hivewire morph sets available for Dawn, Dusk, and Luna and it'd be interesting to see the range of characters people would come up with using those dials.

Well, I think it would be interesting. Others might not. :p
No Michele, we haven't, but I like the idea. I'll chat with the other CVs and see what they think.

Me195

Extraordinary
Generic Adventurers
Adventurers.jpg

Dawn and Dusk Wearing a bunch of stuff from Xurge
Render with Iray in iClone 7
It's my first render with iClone ever, so it's not a very good representation of what iClone or Iray is capable of.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Generic Adventurers
Dawn and Dusk Wearing a bunch of stuff from Xurge
Render with Iray in iClone 7
It's my first render with iClone ever, so it's not a very good representation of what iClone or Iray is capable of.

Those are amazing PBR outfits, and the current 16-in-1 combo promo is very tempting. Takes a while to get used to how things work in iClone, but it can do cool things we can't in Poser/DS. :)

Me195

Extraordinary
Those are amazing PBR outfits, and the current 16-in-1 combo promo is very tempting. Takes a while to get used to how things work in iClone, but it can do cool things we can't in Poser/DS. :)
Yeah I went a little overboard with their bundles. The outfits can look a lot better once you make your own shaders. All of the cloth in the render is also set up to be dynamic, but I was too chicken to use it. The only drawback was that I already owned all of these outfits for Poser. This is the first time I've opened iClone since I bought it back in December, so I didn't expect it to be easy. I found it not to be very intuitive, but I understand why it's set up the way that it is. It's built to produce content extremely fast. It's a lot like learning to type. I look forward to learning how to do those cool things.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I found it not to be very intuitive, but I understand why it's set up the way that it is. It's built to produce content extremely fast. It's a lot like learning to type. I look forward to learning how to do those cool things.

It took me a while to understand iClone because I was so used to how things work in Poser/DS. One of the most shocking aspects is how it separates morphs from animation. You have to morph your character first in CC, and only then it can be used in iClone. At least for now, once in iClone, you can no longer morph the character, which is odd coming from Poser/DS. You can pose and use expressions, but we cannot spin morphs anymore. If you want to animate a body morph, there is a rather convoluted way to do it in iClone that is quite limited (and buggy). On the other hand, dynamic cloth and hair are now real-time and simple to set up. There are pros and cons. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
**DISCLAIMER: I didn't make this image!!!

This is a promo render from Xurge3D, showing his awesome outfits for CC3, available at the Reallusion Content Store. In other words, this is an iClone render. However, do you recognize the woman with armor and sword standing on the left? That's DawnSE straight from the native CC3 library! I can recognize that face anywhere! :D

For those who don't know, Dawn, Dusk, the HW gorilla and Baby Luna are bundled with the default contents for CC3. They are not there as physical figures, but instead as character morphs for the CC3 base figure. It's so cool to see Dawn in programs other than Poser or DS. ^___^

Xurge3D.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Xurge always does some really detailed products, and his renders are no slouch either.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yes, it's an awesome iClone render. One thing I have realized is that Dawn can also start showing in video games when people purchase the export license. So we will be seeing Dawn not only in Reallusion CC3 and iClone renders, but possibly in real-time 3D video games as well. How cool would that be? ^___^

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not into gaming much, but I think it would be great. The more exposure she gets, the better things are going to be for CAs who create things for her.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Happy 4th Of July! An old one re-worked, but fitting!
AR1.jpg

Products Used: Dawn SE, Diva for Dawn, Zan and Taji , Baby Luna, Yamaki fence banners custom textures, Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flower, Pyrotechnics for Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flower (coming soon), Dazzling Denim for Dawn

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Using the URL option, which always worked fine for me in the past.
Well, I tried the image URL address, but it won't work for me either. So I just copied and pasted the image.
1562254176031.png

Hmmm Let me see if I can link it!
1562254242702.png

Click on the bottom image and see if it's linked. It seems to work fine for me.

Not sure what is up with it, could be that it's not flagged in the program settings.

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
It's also possible something's gone off while Lisa's working on getting all the add-ons working properly. I usually upload from my hard drive, so haven't come across this issue.

Michele

Eager
I tried the uploading from my computer too but got an "image too large" error. Not sure why; the image sizes weren't any larger than anything else I've posted here.

I'll just try again later. As you said, it could be just more bugs being worked out.

Well, I tried the image URL address, but it won't work for me either. So I just copied and pasted the image.
View attachment 48267

Hmmm Let me see if I can link it!
View attachment 48268

Click on the bottom image and see if it's linked. It seems to work fine for me.

Not sure what is up with it, could be that it's not flagged in the program settings.

I was able to click on the Marshland image. So that does work.

Are other folks just linking to their gallery images here?