• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I also got a chance to play.

Itarille's Gown was originally created in MD2 (though it was for a librarian, rather than an elf). With the use of a bazillion internal lines, I was able to convert it to very nice ad orderly quads. The top button ended up being rather distorted during the clothing sim, so I'll have to decide whether to ditch the buttons or if there is something else I need to do so the buttons keep their shape. Then again ... I suppose I could lower the neckline so that button doesn't get twisted when the neck twists.

View attachment 763

Wow, this is great. You are very talented. Everything about it is so well done!!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Satira Capriccio - WOW! I STILL CAN NOT WAIT FOR YOUR SET! ooops...yelling... but hey, I'm admitting just HOW excited I am... :happyflip:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Chris! Thanks Lyne!

I moved the buttons to the back of the dress so there will be less chance of them deforming. I like them better on the back too.

Itarille's Gown will also have pumps, though in this scene, I used Nouvelle Aube's Booties. Not that you can see what she's wearing on her feet.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It was starting to get dark and she was tired. Mum and Dad were busy chatting so Diva put herself to bed...
It;s been done in DS Iray...still a little bit grainy. I may have to try and redo it at higher settings. But for now I'm off to bed myself...
Time for bed.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
My daughter used to put herself to bed if she got tired. It would still be really early and you'd think why has she gone quiet. You'd go and look and find her curled up on top of the bed sound asleep.

Thanks for the like Ram!

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sweeeeet!!! I don't know if I ever went to sleep in that position, but it really is adorable. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
She used to go to sleep that way...but she was a strange child and the only one I had that would put herself to bed. The other two fought the process of going to bed. It was always one more drink or something along those lines.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That sounds more like me Pen, though at a young age I wouldn't have known much about staying up late.

Once I reached my teens, however, it was an ever-ending battle with my mother when it came time to get to bed on a school night.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Oh yeah, me too...she did grow out of it and at 22 is a real night owl but as a child she didn't last much past 7.30 and sometimes put herself to bed even earlier...

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
That's really cute, Pen. My son was a put himself to bed child except it wasn't in his bed. He would curl up in some or any place, on the floor, in a corner, wherever and sleep like a log. One night I couldn't find him and we were just about to start searching outside when we found him, curled up under a table in the corner of the sitting room, sound asleep! Phew!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oooo wow, Jon... amazing as always...and welcome back to the Hive Forums!!!!!

hmm never occurred to me to use that hair on a modern woman of color (is that the right term these days?...I want to be who I am- as inoffensive as possible!) Anyway, I need to go over to RDNA and check that hair/price again! :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I'm working on this for Fabi... this is HALF SIZE... I'm still brushing out the hair, and I want to put her in a fairy-ish background and hope to add some of Ken's new Moths flying about... I'm pleased I could color the cord necklace to match too!

DawnSorakaFKc.jpg

PS... Fabi's lights, Fabi's Paris65 Hair... I'm a Fabi Fan! :)