• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

frogimus

Adventurous
You have really nailed the body shape. So many youth morphs leave out the slight chunkiness from lingering baby fat. I may have said that all wrong, but I really do mean it as a compliment.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks...I have the advantage of working with kids this age and normally at the 5-6 age they have lost the baby fat.

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
@Ken-- I love the queen bee texture!
@ Pendraia--Diva is such a great character. I can't wait until she hits the market!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It's getting closer AD...the Diva product itself just needs the texture finished but I'm hoping that there will be some clothing that will work in both programs as well. Some Freebies...some possibly a product. I don't won't to release it only to find people can't use it as they can't get clothes to fit. Two very kind freebie makers have helped me out with this.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I've been tearing my hair out, SO determined to get this piece done and done right... the adage: Have you ever had one of those days? could be applied to ever had everything go wrong that could, but fought you way through multiple "final" renders, re-works, multiple uploading, spotted a problem deleted from my website, fix problem (one of my cast shadows layers was on TOP of one bird) re saved all the sizes... argh!!! But I love my "Rose Hippy Chick" Dawn!! I spent hours posing the pleated skirt, as I love the look with the tank top- both with my rose pattern texture I made... and I think it came out so well!??
the HUGE original can be seen here: serene (has all the credits, except I'm not sure who did the PRETTY trans map on the pleated skirt? If anyone can tell me, if it's not Karth, I can credit that person too- thanks).

HippyRoseFinalSM.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
An incredibly gorgeous image Lyne!

Love, love, love it! Lots of depth, lots of products, beautiful Dawn SE with beautiful pose. Love that you used our HiveWire fallen log, and Ken's birds and much more.

Great stuff there! Looks like the new "Mother Nature" to me.

Thank you for not sucking!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well, that leaves me out of posting any renders LOL!

Nooooo!! We want to see your renders, too! :D

-----------------

I do believe this is the first actual render I've had to offer in this thread. LOL I seem to play with Dusk more than I do with Dawn. Anyhow - this is just a small piece of a much larger render that is still very much a WIP...

This was me also playing around with geometry shells and dirt overlay effects... skin ONLY - not on the clothes. Dawn's morph here is also something that I'm considering releasing as a freebie shape preset for DS.

Dawn's clothes are Rokket's Sci-fi Dawn set. Converted to DS-dynamic just beautifully. I did add Sub-D, and a Smoothing modifier to both the top and bottom; I also adjusted collision on both to collide with Dawn, and added a bit of a push modifier (0.35) to the top. Hair is Udane hair - it's an AprilYSH hair with my own texture work. Shaders on clothes and the headband are a combination of different packs.

She seems to be rather annoyed with me at being dirty... I don't think she likes getting dirty. ;)

Dirty-Dawn.jpg

frogimus

Adventurous
Lovely work @Seliah.

I don't really do much finished renders. I just play around. Get something about 75% done and move to something else. Playing in Poser or Studio is akin to doodling on a scrap sheet of paper to me.