• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well after the odd disaster and a very busy few days I have finally managed to find some hobby time.

This is one of my favorite V4 outfits. It is Cyberia by nikisatez / ravenous and I purchased it way back in 2011. It was one of the first outfits I tried to convert for Dawn but for some reason it has proved to be a problem outfit. I have had many attempts at converting using various methods and I have tried them all again this weekend. Wardrobe Wizard the the method that got the closest and, with a little work, while not perfect, it is usable.

View attachment 5173
looks good!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Me and my "big ideas"... I wanted a tiny rose flower print (for my "Miss Darcy" to go with my still in progress Dusk guy)...didn't have what was in my mind...(the roses on Fabi's blankets scaled too tiny and then looked odd)... so I took the rose from Moonbeam1212's Frosted Dreams 2d set, made one of the vignettes all pink...made a pattern... and walla... or NOT! I unplugged parrotdolphin's BUMP for her's as mine had a texture... but I was not prepared for the huge amount of moiré lines! Yikes! Spent HOURS cloning them out... went from this:
MorieLines.jpg

TO THIS:

MissDarcyWIP.jpg

Of course this is Lully's (Dawn's) Darcy Dress... some work with the smoothing tool on the sleeves/armpit areas and not too bad...
I found an OLD cameo and tried to enhance it a bit, to hang from Lully's ribbon necklace... Propschick's Lythesia (spell?) hair all
on Dawn-VW's Monica! Whew! (is a full length image, just cropped to show her, since my art pieces tend to take a LONG time).

Hornet3d

Wise
Me and my "big ideas"... I wanted a tiny rose flower print (for my "Miss Darcy" to go with my still in progress Dusk guy)...didn't have what was in my mind...(the roses on Fabi's blankets scaled too tiny and then looked odd)... so I took the rose from Moonbeam1212's Frosted Dreams 2d set, made one of the vignettes all pink...made a pattern... and walla... or NOT! I unplugged parrotdolphin's BUMP for her's as mine had a texture... but I was not prepared for the huge amount of moiré lines! Yikes! Spent HOURS cloning them out... went from this:
View attachment 5277

TO THIS:

View attachment 5278

Of course this is Lully's (Dawn's) Darcy Dress... some work with the smoothing tool on the sleeves/armpit areas and not too bad...
I found an OLD cameo and tried to enhance it a bit, to hang from Lully's ribbon necklace... Propschick's Lythesia (spell?) hair all
on Dawn-VW's Monica! Whew! (is a full length image, just cropped to show her, since my art pieces tend to take a LONG time).

That is fabulous, it is in keeping with the style of the dress.

I love Moonbeam1212's products and have a lot of them. I use them in a lot of my card making and also for calendars and photo books I have created for the family as presents, never thought of using them as textures, it does make me think though.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Well after what I went through with the morie (wavy lines produced with materials in poser render) I won't be doing THAT again... unless it's only something that happens on dynamic cloth (that moves and stretches) ? hmmm I should try my little material on a conforming item... (I did make it an mc thingy)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Oh my good gravy! I defined a pattern out of a reduced image of my new 'material' and then "filled" Dawn's tank top with it... and lookie!!
Keep in mind that Moonbeam's items are NOT a merchant resource!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also note, I did NOT take off the tank top's own bump.
RoseTankTop.jpg

it's not this blurry...but looks great "in person" I love it! and so now I know the odd lines are only produced with the
stretching/moving of dynamic cloth!

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
It has been my pleasure to do this portrait of Monica, using Virtual World's delightful & beautiful new character for Dawn!

The following products are from HiveWire3D:

Dawn Special Edition by Christopher Creek Art, CG Cubed, Lisa's Botanicals & Virtual World
Monica for Dawn by Virtual World
50s Dress and Accessories for Dawn by DigitalDreamsDS

Nature's Wonder Moths of the World Vol. 1 (Small Elephant Hawk) by Ken Gilliland
'Ohi'a Lehua by Ken Gilliland

Crimson Delight
Crimson Delight.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Lovely render Flint. I just picked up Monica the other day, and hope to render with her soon. She really is lovely. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Love the renders Jonrea, not only is Monica looking good so are the Superfly materials.

I am still in the middle of adding to Dawn's wardrobe it is going to be a long WIP.

This is my latest conversion. I am a real fan of the Utilize products which I think are stunning, even more so because many, like this one, were originally for V3.

This outfit is Liquid Halo.

Liquid Halo j.jpg