• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Some older Dawn renders in Iray
I'm loving that first render as well. What character set did you use, or did you just spin the dials to get such a great looking Dawn? Curious minds want to know. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Nvidia Iray

Dazzling Denim for Dawn
HiveWire Cowboy Hat
CWRW textures for the Cowboy Hat

That render is really cute.

But I gotta say... HOW the bleep-bleepity-BLEEP is she even able to WALK on those teensy tiny little spike heels? LOL :roflmao:

Very cute render, though! I like the shape of the skirt, and the top... and love the textures, too.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist

Rokket

Dances with Bees
You should see Japanese women in heels like that. They have turned the high heel walk into an art, mostly. Sometimes you can tell it's her first day in heels. I imagine there are many twisted ankles learning how to walk in those things. The high heel does give a woman's calf amazing definition. You can tell they were invented by a male, because I don't think many women would willing subject themselves to that kind of torture for our sake...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You should see Japanese women in heels like that. They have turned the high heel walk into an art, mostly. Sometimes you can tell it's her first day in heels. I imagine there are many twisted ankles learning how to walk in those things. The high heel does give a woman's calf amazing definition. You can tell they were invented by a male, because I don't think many women would willing subject themselves to that kind of torture for our sake...

I knew one Philippino woman who could run and jump like a jackrabbit in tbose high stiletto heels. But if you put her in flat shoes, it was like watching a newborn baby giraffe. She couldn't walk or run flat footed.

I've also seen women who spent thirty years wearing high heels on a daily basis, and I know the damage it causes in the long term. Foot drop is an actual real thing, and it's most often seen in women who are long term wearers of high heels.

Occasionally for like a nice night out or something, they're harmless so long as she doesn't twist her ankle or fall in them. But I for sure wouldn't recommend anyone wear them in excess!

Me, I'd drop flat on my face in the first step. :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Seliah, I used to be able to climb in and out of my dinghy in those things...but not any more. And I didn't really walk in them, I just sat on a bar stool and looked cute ;)

LMAO, and you probably did a bang-up job of it, too! :p

My legs don't look good in high heels....

Don't you know you're supposed to get the razor out first before you go out of the house in those short skirts and high heels? :roflmao:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
My legs don't look good in high heels....
I don't feel comfortable wearing heels. I'm a girl and I'm already 6'. It was great for volleyball though!! So, maybe I'm living a little vicariously !

Ok, Ladies how about these? This is more my comfort zone!!! You can also get the Daisy Dukes with CWRW's classic denims.
Dawn Skinny.jpg

Last edited:

Hornet3d

Wise
Well after the odd disaster and a very busy few days I have finally managed to find some hobby time.

This is one of my favorite V4 outfits. It is Cyberia by nikisatez / ravenous and I purchased it way back in 2011. It was one of the first outfits I tried to convert for Dawn but for some reason it has proved to be a problem outfit. I have had many attempts at converting using various methods and I have tried them all again this weekend. Wardrobe Wizard the the method that got the closest and, with a little work, while not perfect, it is usable.

Skybridge j.jpg