• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
View attachment 2546 This is another that I went to upload when the forums were down.

The idea behind my character is that she is a sort of time traveler a female Doctor Who if you like. This being the case I am always looking for different outfits and combinations.

Saw this in the small thumbs when I logged in... SO! Hornet, are you going to sell your character? I can see you used the 3Dream MR for Dawn of their older woman and I just REALLY love what you did with it... Please...? OR I'll just have to buy it too and try to make one of my own... (though I'd never get the "look" of yours)...

And finally ... I got to play yesterday!

Yay! It's been so long since I got to do a render just for me.

Dawn wearing my Itarille Starchild "plain" skin, Clarette Rose Ruffled Dress and Cloche, and the Nouvelle Aube Tights.

View attachment 4191

and you KNOW I am just waiting anxiously for your's Satira...this is SO pretty!!!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Lorraine, Hornet, Jonrea, and Lyne!

There just isn't anywhere near enough time in the day for creating and testing and promos and all that stuff when you also work full time. Once we implement working from home three days a week, I'll have a few more hours a day. What with not needing to commute to work.

But, the real time gain will be when I can retire. Then I can devote 24 hours a day to this :wink:

Ok. I'm sorta kidding. I'll need to sleep some of that 24 hours. And, I'm hoping for a garden in my retirement years. As well as being close enough to the Oregon Coast that I can spend a few hours or more a week wandering the beach.

Hornet3d

Wise
Saw this in the small thumbs when I logged in... SO! Hornet, are you going to sell your character? I can see you used the 3Dream MR for Dawn of their older woman and I just REALLY love what you did with it... Please...? OR I'll just have to buy it too and try to make one of my own... (though I'd never get the "look" of yours)...

I'm glad you like the character but unfortunately it is not something I could sell as the is a lot more than the 3Dream MR used in the character. Texture wise there is a mixture of textures at work the 3Dream is clearly the base but there are others. The eye textures are from FK-Oriana, the mouth are textures by Ironman13, I have also played with body textures by blending image maps from other third party characters, many of which were V4 so I used Paint Shop Pro to blend parts into Dawn image maps.

The character itself is the result of nothing more than dial spinning and includes morphs from Axmeva and Meipe, Fabiana, Ironman13 and Handspan Studios as well as the standard Dawn and Dawn SE morphs. She is far more petite than the default Dawn and for this I used Lyrra's shape of Dawn. The only real impact I had on the creation was a few more tweaks by adding layers to the image maps, a lot of time and a large degree of luck.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks Lorraine, Hornet, Jonrea, and Lyne!

There just isn't anywhere near enough time in the day for creating and testing and promos and all that stuff when you also work full time. Once we implement working from home three days a week, I'll have a few more hours a day. What with not needing to commute to work.

But, the real time gain will be when I can retire. Then I can devote 24 hours a day to this :wink:

Ok. I'm sorta kidding. I'll need to sleep some of that 24 hours. And, I'm hoping for a garden in my retirement years. As well as being close enough to the Oregon Coast that I can spend a few hours or more a week wandering the beach.

I wish you every success and I would not want to be the one to dampen your dreams but I shared your view of retirement. 18 months after retiring I have to say it has not worked out that way and I think I spend less time playing with Poser than I ever did when I worked, I really do not know where I found the time to work. I was so sure that I would spend so much time sat at my computer I adopted a dog from a rescue center thinking it would force me to get up and walk. So that is where some of the time went but I seem to have so little free time and certainly not what I imagined. Mind you I do enjoy the time playing when I get the chance and it certainly beats working, even with the lack of free time.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Dawn wearing my Itarille Starchild "plain" skin, Clarette Rose Ruffled Dress and Cloche, and the Nouvelle Aube Tights.
Fabulous render Satira. She looks great, and what a wonderful way to show off something from all 3 of your new sets. ;)

jonrea

Eager
Contributing Artist
Quick pic:

Cheers

Jon

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
She looks like she got caught doing something she shouldn't. ;) Nicely done Jon.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Hornet.

No, you're not dampening my dreams. I fall in with that huge number of baby boomers who has to rely on an underfunded 401k/403b and Social Security. So, retirement could well be a decade off.

It's just Tsuki (my four month old kitten) and me here, so unless that changes, and I end up with some attention hog living with me, I can't imagine lots of hours in the day to do whatever I want :wink: I'm one of those hermits who spend evenings and weekends holed away in my cave.

I wish you every success and I would not want to be the one to dampen your dreams but I shared your view of retirement. 18 months after retiring I have to say it has not worked out that way and I think I spend less time playing with Poser than I ever did when I worked, I really do not know where I found the time to work. I was so sure that I would spend so much time sat at my computer I adopted a dog from a rescue center thinking it would force me to get up and walk. So that is where some of the time went but I seem to have so little free time and certainly not what I imagined. Mind you I do enjoy the time playing when I get the chance and it certainly beats working, even with the lack of free time.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Jon, is that VW's new character? She is stunning! And so is your render...I can't wait for the DS version.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks Hornet.

No, you're not dampening my dreams. I fall in with that huge number of baby boomers who has to rely on an underfunded 401k/403b and Social Security. So, retirement could well be a decade off.

It's just Tsuki (my four month old kitten) and me here, so unless that changes, and I end up with some attention hog living with me, I can't imagine lots of hours in the day to do whatever I want :wink: I'm one of those hermits who spend evenings and weekends holed away in my cave.

I was one of the lucky one's in that I was working when final salary pension schemes were around. I also travelled a lot with my job so I am now at the point that staying close to home is enough for me. I am now in the process of planning with my wife so we can get her retired in the next few months. Great for those long walks together with the dog but I suspect even less time playing with Poser, still you can't have it all.