• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't have poser so the fit room is out, I'll have to see if Evil Innocence's Crossdresser can be used in Daz. Is it easy to use? (I'm easily confused when using utilities :D)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Rae, the Crossdresser utility is a standalone program. It does put the final converted item into a Poser runtime structure. Which means that when you load one of these items in Daz, the autofit will pop up when conforming.

Like I said, it has mixed results at times. But it works often enough for me.. the base utility is free, but the figure licenses (you only have to buy the licenses for figures you want to convert TO) do cost a little bit. Normal price is about $10 a license, but E.I. does frequently put their figure licenses on sale. I got a bunch of them recently for about $2-$3 or so a piece.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Seliah. I think I only need the Dusk and Dawn as the other Daz charries I have has auto convert anyway. Would have loved to have gotten on sale for that low price tho :x3:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Seliah. I think I only need the Dusk and Dawn as the other Daz charries I have has auto convert anyway. Would have loved to have gotten on sale for that low price tho :x3:

Well, you can always install the base program, and hold off to wait for another sale, too (they do have some free figure licenses that you can use to experiment and get familiar with the utility).

Hornet3d

Wise
Last in the trilogy.

Blind Belief

Blind Belief j.jpg

"See I told you, you worry too much. I have run a full diagnostic scan and the computer says all systems are running at optimum and there are no problems. So, nothing to worry about."

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Oh dear, I have a baaaaaad feeling about that thing in the corner, Hornet! Love the humour in your renders :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I was just looking at that, and wondered if it was a funky space suit, or an alien with a fiery skin. Can't make up my mind. ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I thought that at first too, but it's not back by the wall, so possibly a person/alien burning. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
I don't have poser so the fit room is out, I'll have to see if Evil Innocence's Crossdresser can be used in Daz. Is it easy to use? (I'm easily confused when using utilities :D)

Don't let me put you off having a go at crossdresser I had a lot of success with converting V3 stuff to V4 some time ago but then I never had a lot for V3. Also, some of the outfits I have for V4 are quite complex as I have a lot of sci-fi and fantasy stuff so I am asking a lot of crossdresser. Not only that my Dawn character based on a 5 foot female and not your usual super hero/ catwalk model shape which probably explains why the fit room helper might be better suited.

For all that Crossdresser works for the most part, is easy to use and is not mega expensive. Well worth the cost for anyone that has a lot of V4 content they want to use on Dawn, and M4 stuff on Dusk for that matter.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Hornet, I'll give Crossdresser a go as I do have a fair amount of V/M4 stuff and even if it doesn't do a perfect job, it has to be better than what I can do :D (I like the sound of the fit room but Poser is way out of my pricerange at the moment)

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks Hornet, I'll give Crossdresser a go as I do have a fair amount of V/M4 stuff and even if it doesn't do a perfect job, it has to be better than what I can do :D (I like the sound of the fit room but Poser is way out of my pricerange at the moment)

I didn't use the fitting room much before Dawn and I am still overwhelmed by it if I am honest. The Fit room helpers are exactly that and set the clothing up to make the fitting room process easier. Crossdresser is a lot easier to get your head around, at least it was for me. As the fitting room is only in the Pro version it is an expensive upgrade and, good as it is, you would have to have a need for more than the fitting room to justify the price. I haven't upgraded to Poser 11 for exactly that reason.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Definitely that burning thing looks scary!

Lyne, great render. Though, if those kittens are like my kittens, there would be a lot of scratches all over her legs! One needs to be a hobbit with thickly furred feet when you have a kitten around the place :wink: