• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The first season of RWBY was animated in Poser, and in a webinar, Chuck Taylor has demonstrated how they animated the characters hair in real-time. I have used that same technique on the ponytails here, and it works nicely. It uses magnets to deform parts of the hair (the ponytails here), and let the built-in Bullet physics engine drive the animation dynamics in real-time. Super cool!

MagHair_SKT.gif

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is the animated version of my "Assassin's Breed" character. Body shape and outfit by me. Rendered in Poser with cartoon preview mode. Due to file size limitations, I could only post the black and white version here. Color version at DeviantArt.

AssassinWalk_BW.gif

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I like Aiko6, but it's a pain to use her in Poser. This week I made a morph for DawnSE to look like her, so I can use her in Poser without importing anything from DS. It's not perfect, but I think it's pretty close. This is one of the things I love about Dawm - her topology and mesh density is just right for making morphs. ^^

DawnSEAiko6_600x800.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I like Aiko6, but it's a pain to use her in Poser. This week I made a morph for DawnSE to look like her, so I can use her in Poser without importing anything from DS. It's not perfect, but I think it's pretty close. This is one of the things I love about Dawm - her topology and mesh density is just right for making morphs. ^^

I want this shape! lol (in real life as well as my runtime hahaha)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ken, can you please do some face morphs (maybe when Dv2 comes out) to go with your bodies, pretty please?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Ken, can you please do some face morphs (maybe when Dv2 comes out) to go with your bodies, pretty please?

I have been practicing, but it's tough because morphing the face can compromise the expression morphs. In the last 2 renders above I have used the same character morph, but the eyes were redone in this last one because we shouldn't morph the eyes into the character, but instead transform and ERC them instead. That's the "correct" way for things to work properly. I need more practice. :)