• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks, Chris! I'm having a blast with my little Hilda Dawn...and now the new Vintage bike in the HW store too! This is just a test render
of her taking the babies for a bike basket ride!!
BicycleRideTestRender.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nice Lyne. I have those beaded curtains too, but haven't gotten around to doing a final render with them . . . yet.

As for SAV's Berlin 1931 Hair, I "think" I have it, but not sure. SAV always did nice hair products.

Hornet3d

Wise
I love doing portraits with Dawn. She is beautiful and so easy to work with. In here I converted the dress Noctia for V4. The Jewelry I manage to place the ring of Celtics Delight by Fabiana. The black one is her's I forgot where I got it from. Rapsody Hair also by Fabiana. The background it's a Photo by Yousef Espanioly on Unsplash.

Beautiful render, I also like doing portraits of Dawn and I am a great fan of Fabiana but then many people are.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
annnd the finished one! :)
REALLY should go to my site (and also my Rendo Gallery site) to see the teeny tiny details better...the baby birds are soo tiny!

Lyne, I so love this. This is great. What a free spirited rider she is, and barefoot even. Love the soft, fuller body too, and she's still very pretty.

You're showing Ken's house and birds too right?

The HiveWire Big Dog looks great. Love those Flint Hawk maps. Very believable pose.

Going to post this on HW facebook page.

Hornet3d

Wise
Back in the Pavilion Caoimhe was oblivious to the quickly changing situation. Sat deep in thought she tried to ease the ache in her shoulder but in doing so missed some important signs. On the bed next to her, her sword began to glow, the blue blade indicating that Orks were close, not something that was too out of place considering where she was camped out. What was really out of place was the sword grip was also glowing indicating help was at hand and up to now this had been a very lone fight ever since Turlough had abandoned her.

Pavillion Thoughts HW.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
TRYING AGAIN to use TT with the new V2 upgrade....erg!
KimsuTestSkin.jpg

With no install instructions for TT V2 upgrade, or knowing what to expect, I kept stumbling about trying to figure it out...and apparently my "install" IS converting...once I figured out what to point it TO... it creates a folder called MyConversion both in the runtime-poses and in runtime-Textures...I opened one of the body maps in photoshop and there were NO demo words on it, so I GUESS it's working!?

I'll convert all the items in each folder (eyes lips, etc.) and then try them on Dawn...of course there will be NO real SSS nodes so I'll have to start with my own Dawn skin character that already has SSS in/on it, and manually substitute the maps... then save THAT as a new mc6.... so...

Hmmm but obviously, I'll have to move the files to another folder...or a sub folder with the character's name on it....so that when I start a whole new one, and it tosses the maps into the original MyConversion folder, those won't get all mixed up?! Could be quite confusing when trying to apply the right png textures for a given character... (now I'm confusing myself) :/

Edit: actually I made a folder of the MAPS THEMSELVES, and placed it into my DAWN SE texture folder so I could easily get to the maps to sub them out.

Still a LOT of work... As this shows...it took me 2 HOURS to realize it was not the lip color that was not the right size, but the creator CUT OUT the lip area on the head - make up maps and hte converter made that cut out area too large...so FINALLY I went into photoshop AGAIN, and moved skin color more into the cut out lip area...and now it fits...

Not sure why the skin got lighter somewhere in the mix...I'll deal with it some other time... To say the least, my muse is left exhausted and very UNinspired... TT V2 DOES CONVERT A LOT OF MAPS AT ONE TIME... but then one still has to go back and do all the fixes...sigh... that is not the fault of TT, it's just the various ways the skin/character creator chose to build the skin maps.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Not sure why the skin got lighter somewhere in the mix...I'll deal with it some other time... To say the least, my muse is left exhausted and very UNinspired... TT V2 DOES CONVERT A LOT OF MAPS AT ONE TIME... but then one still has to go back and do all the fixes...sigh... that is not the fault of TT, it's just the various ways the skin/character creator chose to build the skin maps.

Skin color may change because the original shader diffuse color was probably not white. Maps are not the only thing that determine skin color. I have also noticed that TT v2 converts more maps, but does a terrible job recreating the Poser shaders. I noticed that right from the very first conversion. The shaders were flat and the maps were incorrectly plugged to the wrong places. It has also failed to convert some of the maps for some reason, resulting in some of them coming out flat black.

I now know TT is only good for converting the maps, and I am thankful there is a way to do that. But for creating the shaders, I still have to do it manually. If you are going to render in SF, just make it as simple as possible, using only texture maps.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yep, what Ken said Lyne.
Also I find that it doesn't always convert all the textures (like bump/normal etc) so I usually plug them into the diffuse texture area and run it through the conversion again for those (you will need to rename it I think so it doesn't overwrite what is there).