• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Still unable to finish the shoulders rigging on Type-4. I kept that in mind when I made Type-5, so this one went smoothly. The Poser and DS versions went to internal beta today. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Indeed, I have to be more careful when reshaping shoulders because the new shape has to live with the existing weight maps. We can change the bone joints, but not the weights. I see now that I was careless with this part when making Type-4, and I have used a different technique when making Type-5 that was much more successful. ^^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Indeed, I have to be more careful when reshaping shoulders because the new shape has to live with the existing weight maps. We can change the bone joints, but not the weights. I see now that I was careless with this part when making Type-4, and I have used a different technique when making Type-5 that was much more successful. ^^
Well, now you have a working method sir, so you better "take notes", so you don't have that problem again. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Well, now you have a working method sir, so you better "take notes", so you don't have that problem again. ;)

Sure thing. I have to go back and redo the upper torso on Type-4, so I might as well redo the whole thing.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Good news! I have completed the final touches on Body Type-5 for Dawn (athletic), and it's now awaiting QAV at the store. You can check the WIP details at the development thread. ^_____^

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Gorgeous work Ken!!

Very nice. Love to see this type of support. She needs this and more.

Thank you.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Gorgeous work Ken!!
Very nice. Love to see this type of support. She needs this and more.
Thank you.

Dawn is such a pleasure to work with. However, Body Type-4 has hit a wall and just won't work. I decided to start over from scratch with a different kind of body. This is almost the opposite of Type-5, less toned, more stocky and busty. Yup, sorry guys, she's busty! She also has shorter arms, a shorter torso and a bit longer legs, but not too much. This is still a WIP on the Poser version, and today I did a million changes on her. Her shape is so different from Dawn that it needed 4 JCMs to correct the leg shapes, when I usually only need 2.

When doing this scene I realized I broke the hands joints, and had to go back and ERC the fingers back into place before I could continue. Now the hands are functional. I still have some editing to do on the torso and the neck, but I am happy with the rest. She poses well - I have learned from my mistakes on the previous Type-4 attempt. Beware of e-e-evil shoulders! I will start the DS version when this one is closed.

BeachVolley_1024.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
WOW, busty is putting it mildly! I'd hate to see what might happen to the top of that bikini if she sneezes. ;)

BTW, I'm not really into anime style hair, but what hair is that? One of your own creations?

Miss B

CV-BEE
True Dreamer, but I can't imagine any sane gal wearing a bikini like that, on a body like that, jumping around. She doesn't really have to move when she sneezes . . . but still. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
WOW, busty is putting it mildly! I'd hate to see what might happen to the top of that bikini if she sneezes. ;)
BTW, I'm not really into anime style hair, but what hair is that? One of your own creations?

Fear not - I met my wife when we were just 16, and she was already as busty as this. She had a bikini just like this. Watching her run and jump was quite entertaining, actually, besides the back pains. :roflmao: The hair came straight from MMD (MikuMikuDance). I use Metasequoia to convert the models to OBJ, and then pose them in Poser with magnets. ^^

@Miss BI am loving the different body types you are coming up with and can see that I will most like have use for a few of them

Thanks! Different people like different things, and variety is always good. ^^

Miss B

CV-BEE
The hair came straight from MMD (MikuMikuDance). I use Metasequoia to convert the models to OBJ, and then pose them in Poser with magnets. ^^
AHA, OK. I've heard of MMD, but never really looked into it.

Hornet3d

Wise
Perhaps she is using that body glue which was discussed in a thread here a while ago, although that was to do with stockings if I remember correctly.