• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
probably the first piece of art I have done without adding birds to it… Still trying to figure out how to work around my painful hand joints. (The pen and tablet do create problems with my frozen shoulder so it's still difficult to figure out how to do art, but I persevere because I couldn't live without doing art.) And of course I'm now using Dragon to "type" words.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Experimenting with dual lobe layer in updated Iray/DS. (The dual lobe layer is a specular layer with angle modulated roughness/glossiness. Roughness1 for zero, Rougnhess2 for grazing, the curve exponent is 5 and can't be changed. Reflectivity is R0(F0), standard 0.04 for common dielectrics. ) It's one more approach to model self-shadowing of the rough surface. This was my error. It's just combined 2-layer fresnel specular (Shlick approx version), common in all modern approach to skin rendering. (see Jorge Jimenez – Next Generation Character Rendering or "OSL the great and powerfull" Siggraph 2013 presentation and a lot more... )

Dawn Peachy.jpg

Default Dawn SE textures, eyes from Rhiannon's RoseRaven character. Lips and teeth shaders without change. For the skin the specular layer was swapped with the Dual lobe layer. OOT topmodel morph for the face.

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
So many Terrific and Gorgeous renders all !! Forgive me if I don't comment on each!

Maylin
Maylin.jpg

Products Used:
Mix and match with Dawn, Sora, Skyla, and Amira, Lisa's Botanicals Tulips, Spring Pastel Textures for Lisa's Botanicals tulips, Dryad Leaf Scatter, Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flower, Soft Pastel Textures for Lisa's Botnicals Bell Flower, BG mountains are done in PD Artist, Dress is Lady of Dragons custom colors, and Jade Hair.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Just a little fun with the "Make Art" button from PhilC's "Toolbox" for Poser. One of the options create this marble monument with a mouse click, so I've put Dawn there to appreciate the view, and added a background. The script was created for Poser 7, and I was surprised it still works with Poser 11, here rendered in Superfly. If anybody asks, YES, Poser has a "Make Art" button! :D

Make Art Button.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
So many Terrific and Gorgeous renders all !! Forgive me if I don't comment on each!

Maylin
View attachment 26887
Products Used:
Mix and match with Dawn, Sora, Skyla, and Amira, Lisa's Botanicals Tulips, Spring Pastel Textures for Lisa's Botanicals tulips, Dryad Leaf Scatter, Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flower, Soft Pastel Textures for Lisa's Botnicals Bell Flower, BG mountains are done in PD Artist, Dress is Lady of Dragons custom colors, and Jade Hair.
excellent styling here...

Carey

Extraordinary
Experimenting with dual lobe layer in updated Iray/DS. (The dual lobe layer is a specular layer with angle modulated roughness/glossiness. Roughness1 for zero, Rougnhess2 for grazing, the curve exponent is 5 and can't be changed. Reflectivity is R0(F0), standard 0.04 for common dielectrics. ) It's one more approach to model self-shadowing of the rough surface. This was my error. It's just combined 2-layer fresnel specular (Shlick approx version), common in all modern approach to skin rendering. (see Jorge Jimenez – Next Generation Character Rendering or "OSL the great and powerfull" Siggraph 2013 presentation and a lot more... )

View attachment 26884

Default Dawn SE textures, eyes from Rhiannon's RoseRaven character. Lips and teeth shaders without change. For the skin the specular layer was swapped with the Dual lobe layer. OOT topmodel morph for the face.
great girl next door look