• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Hornet3d

Wise
Ohhh, I like that render Hornet. That looks like one of Faveral's goodies in the background. ;)

Looks great...I love your older character! Is the set called Le Village?

Yes, I think that's the one.

I am almost certain you are right, I have Le Village and the Restaurant is certainly part of the collection but I have to be honest and say the background was not my creation. I was intent on putting the outfit for Dawn together and the render is purely of her and the outfit.

Credit for the background must go to Melkor as it is from his collection of premade backgrounds 'Cities at night'. The only effort I put in was setting up the layer in Paint Shop Pro and having an attempt at matching the Dawn lighting to the background.

A bit of a cheat I know but I do that on occasions.

Hornet3d

Wise
Great renders, everyone!

Hornet, I just love your character, she is wonderful!

Thanks, but in truth there is very little original about the character, I think the biggest impact is the texture which is a 3Dream creation 'Master Skin Resource 7' all the rest is just Dawn SE with some dial spinning and a lot of luck.

One of the reasons I did not start using Dawn originally is that I try to create characters that are slightly older than the twenty something norm for Poser. Not that there is anything wrong in that, I just want to be different. There are some really good older textures for V4 and I have used a few of them in the past, I think my V4 character had a blend of about 6 different textures.

I was lucky in that 3Dream released the texture around the same time as Dawn SE was launched. Caoimhe as I call her is about 90% MSR 7 in the face with I think 3 other layers, while her body is the same texture wise but with 4 different layers but all the added layers just tweak the base of MSR7.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Credit for the background must go to Melkor as it is from his collection of premade backgrounds 'Cities at night'. The only effort I put in was setting up the layer in Paint Shop Pro and having an attempt at matching the Dawn lighting to the background.

Don't we all do that every now and then? :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I was lucky in that 3Dream released the texture around the same time as Dawn SE was launched. Caoimhe as I call her is about 90% MSR 7 in the face with I think 3 other layers, while her body is the same texture wise but with 4 different layers but all the added layers just tweak the base of MSR7.
I was looking at that set. Now that I've seen it "in action" as it were, I may have to consider getting it.

Hornet3d

Wise
I was looking at that set. Now that I've seen it "in action" as it were, I may have to consider getting it.

I am sure a lot of people were put off by the price and I would agree it is not cheap but for me it was worth every cent. It was exactly what I was looking for and I am well aware I am a little away from the norm in trying to make my characters look a little older so the market for a set like this must be limited.

While I really do like the set I played with the colour of the maps and reduced some of the aging in the body maps. Nothing wrong with the maps, just my personal preference. I did a few tweaks with the materials when I built the SSS for the maps. I did not use the eyes from the set but then I never do as I really want my characters to have real reflections in the eyes and thus do not want burnt in highlights.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I am almost certain you are right, I have Le Village and the Restaurant is certainly part of the collection but I have to be honest and say the background was not my creation. I was intent on putting the outfit for Dawn together and the render is purely of her and the outfit.

Don't we all do that every now and then? :)
Yep...still looks good.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I am sure a lot of people were put off by the price and I would agree it is not cheap but for me it was worth every cent. It was exactly what I was looking for and I am well aware I am a little away from the norm in trying to make my characters look a little older so the market for a set like this must be limited.

While I really do like the set I played with the colour of the maps and reduced some of the aging in the body maps. Nothing wrong with the maps, just my personal preference. I did a few tweaks with the materials when I built the SSS for the maps. I did not use the eyes from the set but then I never do as I really want my characters to have real reflections in the eyes and thus do not want burnt in highlights.
Good to know Hornet, and I don't like that burnt in highlights look in the eyes either.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Me either...I have bought a couple of the Dawn sets but I'm not sure if I have the one you're using I will have to check. I bought mainly to help make textures to go with my morphs.

Hornet3d

Wise
Me either...I have bought a couple of the Dawn sets but I'm not sure if I have the one you're using I will have to check. I bought mainly to help make textures to go with my morphs.

If I am working with V4 my go to set was SG RealEyes by surreality but I could not use these for Dawn. The ones use in my character is actually from FK Oriana as the maps for the eyes have no highlights. I then changed the textures for each of the parts of the eye to match a Bagginsbill set up for real eye reflections. It was in a thread over at Rendo and was based on V4 but it works well.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhhh, I have Oriana. One of my go-to character sets for Dawn. If you remember, or can find, that thread with BB's setup for real eye reflections, I wouldn't mind seeing it. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just a couple of quick test renders of the reindeers and Amira...love both these new products. Little one is Diva dialed into Dawn for the reindeer I had to use the legs at 50% and the head is a little bit less as I wanted to get some expression.
mother and daughter.jpg

mother and daughter 2.jpg