• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Great render Lorraine and the sneakers and dress look great! I've done the skiver hivers tshirt with Rae's image and if she's okay with it I also did with with just Hivers on it....so let me know Rae if it's okay.
View attachment 25436 View attachment 25437

Love them Pen and Rae! I think we shall have to appoint Diva as Skiver Hiver in Charge of Being Somewhere Else When Energetic Stuff Happens! :applause:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yes...that is one of his best movies.
I discovered I did have the dress that Lorraine used and converted it to Dawn, she decided she wanted to go for a walk to show it off...some postwork done in photoshop. Lights were the ones that came with the set.
Stroll in London townsml.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
That is what comes of being allowed to listen to the Goon Show as a child Miss B, and that was only the start! Interestingly enough my daughters and the grandkids hold the same opinion about me. Ah well! I must have got something right! :D

Now that explains a lot, I am in tune with your sense of humor but then I was brought up with a diet of Goon shows, although I did go through a few others on route such as Round the Horn and the like. Years ago, when I was travelling, I picked up some of the goon shows on audio tape and they are now in a long cue to be transferred to CD, just for my own use and to preserve the shows a while longer.

I don't have and children, and by some strange coincidence, no grandchildren, but my nieces think I am funny but strange.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
There have been some great comedy teams but the combination of Milligan, Sellers and Secombe (the Goons) are up there with the best along with Stan Laurel (who was born not too far away from where I live) and Oliver Hardy. I have a complete collection of Goon Shows and Stan and Ollie's films and they are among my most prized possessions. Favourites include Tales Of Old Dartmoor in which Neddy Seagoon (Harry Seacombe) sails Dartmoor Prison across the Channel to give the inmates a holiday in France, and the surreal lunacy of In Search of the Yorkshire Yeti, both penned by the genius who was Spike Milligan. Its fun to see The Goodie's mentioned (another favourite!) who along with the Monty Python Team freely acknowledged The Goons as inspiration. I doubt if we'll ever see their like again! What delights me is that Sara loves both and Lucy is often reduced to tears of laughter at Stan and Ollies antics! :blossom:

Love that render Pen. As Hornet says, it capture the period beautifully! :applause: