• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
link IN gallery goes to my home site, has ALL the credits.... AND I had so much fun posing Diva with the cat, and you all might like the POSE for each figure, so if there is interest... I'd like to make a couple more poses to offer with it! BIG view really shows the SAVED cat's expression too! :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Lyne That's cute! Those will be some fun poses. ^^

@Miss B Thank you! Below is the "Type2" (how inspiring!) morph on Sora. Doesn't work so well on her. Needs work! :)

@quietrob I guess I can't complain for lack of V4 morphs - I have so many comparing to Dawn. But I know what you mean. Stephany got a sculpted body shape, but not V4, which is odd, since Stephany wasn't as half as popular on its entire lifetime. Now I was waiting for someone with more talent to do it for Dawn, but after 3 years, I guess I will have to do it myself. It's not as good, but it's something. So far I did a stylized body, and now a more shapely body for Dawn and Sora. The last render showed it in Dawn. This next one is on Sora, which I so far call it "Type2". For this render I used CatsEyes face and textures. It's still rather rough and needs some work.

Sora Type2_1200.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Nice looking the last one. Would love some new morphs for the feet. Spread of toes and front of foot where they attach especially when foot bent walking and of course, multiple toes articulations. I remember V2 had a real nice morph dial for the feet called barbarian which did that and I used almost exclusively (To this day I think out of the box the best feet on characters for Poser were V2's). I do a lot of erotic fantasy art, fetish and pin=up and i have a way too deep rooted foot fetish so feet are too important for me. As much as I like for instance Mikki body shapes I have never used her because of her grotty feet which holds true for many of the Poser figures too (except for the Poser 4 and 5 girls whose also had pretty feet out of the box.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Another experiment sculpting Dawn's body. I have reshaped the entire torso and legs in Poser with the Morphing Tool. It was dialed to 160%, so it's a bit exaggerated. The face is Elisa, textures are my CatsEyes. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

View attachment 18340

Like this but with the shapeliness of the calves you have, I think thickening of the shins down to the feet which I would love to widen at the front and toes which is what they would naturally do on real toes without shoes. and then tapering the shin to a nicely sculpted ankle would look nicer. The waist for a figure is a bit too narrow even with the great musculature you have added which is nice. Like it is is ok of course but looks more toonish to me.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Nice looking the last one. Would love some new morphs for the feet. Spread of toes and front of foot where they attach especially when foot bent walking and of course, multiple toes articulations. I remember V2 had a real nice morph dial for the feet called barbarian which did that and I used almost exclusively (To this day I think out of the box the best feet on characters for Poser were V2's). I do a lot of erotic fantasy art, fetish and pin=up and i have a way too deep rooted foot fetish so feet are too important for me. As much as I like for instance Mikki body shapes I have never used her because of her grotty feet which holds true for many of the Poser figures too (except for the Poser 4 and 5 girls whose also had pretty feet out of the box.

First of all, THANK YOU for the feedback! :D I didn't touch the feet on my morphs because they are likely to be covered in my renders. Coincidentally, I have worked on a large commission job to reshape Genesis 2 Female's feet from heel to toes - hundreds of morphs to reshape every aspect of her feet. Ironically the job was to be done for Poser, and only more recently for DS. Things would had been much smoother if done in the other order.

Like this but with the shapeliness of the calves you have, I think thickening of the shins down to the feet which I would love to widen at the front and toes which is what they would naturally do on real toes without shoes. and then tapering the shin to a nicely sculpted ankle would look nicer. The waist for a figure is a bit too narrow even with the great musculature you have added which is nice. Like it is is ok of course but looks more toonish to me.

THANK you again for the feedback! I know what you mean about the calves - it was actually caused by the shape being pushed to over 160%, which caused the calves to rise in position. They are are at the "right" place when dialed to a 100%. Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to showcase it when pushed way over the limits. :) The thinner waist is not part of the shape. I have thinned it using Dawn's own morphs because, if you've seen my style, I like a more cartoonish look. ^^

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
First of all, THANK YOU for the feedback! :D I didn't touch the feet on my morphs because they are likely to be covered in my renders. Coincidentally, I have worked on a large commission job to reshape Genesis 2 Female's feet from heel to toes - hundreds of morphs to reshape every aspect of her feet. Ironically the job was to be done for Poser, and only more recently for DS. Things would had been much smoother if done in the other order.

THANK you again for the feedback! I know what you mean about the calves - it was actually caused by the shape being pushed to over 160%, which caused the calves to rise in position. They are are at the "right" place when dialed to a 100%. Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to showcase it when pushed way over the limits. :) The thinner waist is not part of the shape. I have thinned it using Dawn's own morphs because, if you've seen my style, I like a more cartoonish look. ^^

I wasn't putting down the cartoonish render BTW just my take on the style because I try using stuff more realistic. Old Photographer view. No offense intended.
So why a commission for fixing character feet that don't really work in Poser....at least not for me? The DSON Importer isn't even functional anymore for the newer DAZ figures.......soooo....??????
Actually by looks alone those figures were not included in my tirade because i can't use them in Poser, but are kinda cute by my foot fetish standards. Is DAZ planning on creating new Gen2 figures to use natively in Poser?
A lot of reading from users in the community repeat the same thing....so many hat the Genesis characters but I don't I am green with envy to not being able to use them in Poser.
Also no matter how much is added to any figure the creators can't think of every fetish or obsessive need for the end user.
I find surprisingly few foot fetish people. So if you find the time I would love foot morphs for Dawn too so i can sit her down with V4 and have them play "toesies" with all their new foot morph! LOL

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
DAZ definitely will not create any contents for Poser. As a matter of fact, they seem to be making a pretty good effort to make sure none of their contents can be used in Poser, at least not with the same features they have natively. Up to Gen2F, we could use DSON to import the figures to Poser, but some critical features are not supported, such as multiple UVs and Auto-Follow. Starting from Gen3F things got utterly incompatible with DSON because the changed the rigging system from TriAx to Dual Quaternions. Nowadays people have found ways to hack the figure to make it somewhat compatible with DSON, though the DS materials don't work well in Poser. SMS has repeatedly stated that Genesis (any version) will *never* work in Poser because it relies on features that only exist in DS, and are their intellectual property. DS4 had to be rewritten to support it, and that entire new code is incompatible with all previous versions of DS itself.

The client for that commission was using Gen2F with DSON, and I ended up making all the feet morphs for Poser. I don't usually question why people want things - if they are happy, I am happy too. When he later came back asking for a DS version of the feet morphs, it was an eye-opening experience to show how incompatible things have really become between Poser and DS these days. It's still possible to do, but a lot is lost in the process, requiring recreating them by hand, one-by-one over hundreds of morphs. A conversion from DS to Poser would be much easier, since Poser file formats haven't changed that much. SMS preserves Poser's long tradition of keeping things backwards compatible. DS is a different story.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I find no longer being able to purchase DAZ products which I have always considered the best in the Poser community frustrating. THe stuff available there is beautiful the content creators have really amped up their creative efforts with the new stuff. Details and character/creature options have gone off the charts in looks. And finally after their stupid misguiding assertions from when the Unimesh Figures were first introduced which they never really did make work as they led us to believe they would, and left Poser and Poser community in the lurch. Poser and Poser users made DAZ what it became....I guess that is a fact they refused to acknowledge. I was spending money there when they were still Zygote and spent thousands of dollars there through the years.
What I don't understand is why the vendors who create sets and props etc, really not character dependent have adapted the same ban on Poser products. I have purchased many sets and nature environments from prominent artists there who now no longer make them for Poser. Dual format can't be that difficult if not needing to work with the character mesh transfers are they?

DSON NEVER WORKED from the beginning for me. I bought stuff with that idea and when I finally got to try them in Poser using the DSON Importer they could not get it to work for me so I had to insist I got a refund even many months later because in my defense It was all purchased in good faith in accordance with their BS marketing bluff.
I guess in a way I owe them some thanks because now I no longer have to let them keep my credit card hostage. Been buying up the stuff I always wanted but kept in my wish list as it slowly comes on sale. I was surprised they bought up all the RDNA stuff which was mostly Poser stuff. GO figure.
Well if you evr create any more morphs for Mil4 feet.....let me know! LOL

Sorry for the rant. Is a sore festering subject!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I can't talk for everyone, but in my personal experience, supporting both Poser and DS in my products have basically meant making them twice. If we start in DS and then do the Poser version, some work may be saved, but the weight maps and morphs usually need fixing all over, and materials are incompatible and need to be redone. Over here at HW we don't use DSON gimmick - we create native solutions for the respective platforms. I [personally] believe it's the "proper" way to do it with respect to customers, but it also means working in double. In my particular case, due to the lack of documentation for content creators, the DS version may take much longer until I figure things out. That means more than double the work and invested time.

Therefore there is no such thing as a "conversion" between Poser and DS - things will always need fixing exactly at the parts that are more time-consuming. In my experience, providing a DS version has always taken more than double the time it takes me to make a Poser version. It's not something to be taken for granted, though most people do. Since the bulk of the DS community buys from DAZ, it hasn't paid off [for me] making DS versions here because, in general, they don't sell good enough to pay off for the extra work.

So as you can see, the market split affects not only customers, but also the content creators. This is a major reason why I have supported HW from the very beginning - we here support both sides and want to bring the community back together. :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know anything about the modelling side of things (barely know the rendering side :p) but I can understand what you are saying about figures Ken, but is it the same with environments or props? I've purchased things that said they were for Poser only (before I knew there was a difference and I had to look for compatibility) and they work fine in DS, I've just had to reload material images and adjust them to suit 3DL or Iray in most cases.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I don't know anything about the modelling side of things (barely know the rendering side :p) but I can understand what you are saying about figures Ken, but is it the same with environments or props? I've purchased things that said they were for Poser only (before I knew there was a difference and I had to look for compatibility) and they work fine in DS, I've just had to reload material images and adjust them to suit 3DL or Iray in most cases.

With props the only extra work would be to rework the materials. I don't work with props so much, so it's not that easy for me. :)