• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Sorry to not comment on each one - but really enjoying each and every render!!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Here is an image I did with a freebie morph that I found at sharecg. I dialed her into Dawn SE and she came our very cute and sweet!!! If you don't have Dawn SE I would really recommend getting her, because all the old morphs for the old Dawn come out way better. I can post the links to the morph if that is allowed.
View attachment 7589
This is an older Dawn base figure? Dawn SE? What is the new Dawn Base figure called?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
View attachment 9074

Getting closer to what I want. I don't know if I have the proportions on the image plane correct, though. Her face looks a little bit too long. I'll have to tweak that later.
What i see is:
Longer forehead.
More chin or longer chin
Narrower face altogether.
A change in arching of eyebrows on outside of brows
just my two cents on what the subtle differences might be.
Hope there is no offense.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Dawn is doing a Steven Universe cosplay with my t-shirt and pants. ^^

Steven_1200.jpg

Rokket

Dances with Bees
What i see is:
Longer forehead.
More chin or longer chin
Narrower face altogether.
A change in arching of eyebrows on outside of brows
just my two cents on what the subtle differences might be.
Hope there is no offense.
No, no offense taken. I didn't work on this much longer after this picture was posted. I was only doing it to see what I could do with dial spins and not taking the mesh into a modeling program and creating a full morph. I had uploaded the costume in ShareCG, and I was just playing with it to see if I could get close to Daisy's face. I'm over it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, SE is the latest. Before that was the original Dawn, and DawnSR2, which IIRC, came out about a year later.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
There was the original Dawn, DawnSR1, DawnSR2 and DawnSE.

Only the current DawnSE is available unless you have the older versions in your download history.

But, every "generation" of Dawn still works on DawnSE - so stuff made for the original, SR1 and SR2 will work fine on SE.

There may be some morphs added to SE, but I don't think they affect anything with relation to clothing and addons (just the face morphs in SE).

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, I totally forgot about SR1. IIRC, the additional morphs in SE are minimal, with only the Hip Height morph for the Special Edition version (included with DawnSE) affecting any clothing, and it's easily tweaked.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's a cute dress Traci. I don't recall seeing it.

Did you model the shoes too? Curious minds want to know. ;)

Last edited: