• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, Diva is a cutie, and yes I'd refer to it as a square dance, and I don't live in a state that has any of those. Well, not downstate where I live. I'm sure there are ranches in areas upstate where they might have them.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hootinanny? Church social? County fair?
Oh my goodness JOdel, I haven't heard the term Hootinanny in years. County fair might work, not sure about a church social. I guess it would depend on the local area. If it's a farming county, yeah then church social might work.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
One of the local preservationist groups hold an annual ice cream social. Plus there is always picnics in the park.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Yes, Diva is a cutie, and yes I'd refer to it as a square dance, and I don't live in a state that has any of those. Well, not downstate where I live. I'm sure there are ranches in areas upstate where they might have them.

Well I have several friends who are folk dancers. To them square dance is a specific kind of folk dance. But I'm pretty sure it's the kind you are thinking of (not a dancer, so I'm not sure).

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
In general terms, a square dance is usually one with a caller who directs the action. Although when I learned them in school, the dance was done to a record and the calls were on the record along with the music. One "learned" the whole dance from the recorded calls.

I should imagine that in a live setting where the caller is directing the dance as he pleases it would be a lot more challenging, since one would have to be ready to respond on the fly rather than just following a set routine.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Okay, I can explain. At a local park they are putting up new sculptures, they are installing the pedestals first and the statues later. The statue had not yet arrived for that pedestal so I insisted Dawn climb up there for a quick render. She had to take off her shoes to get up there and then I̶ ̶l̶o̶a̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶c̶e̶n̶e̶ ̶ I handed the shoes up to her; and as she was putting them on I said, “wait before we render; your pink toenail polish looks great, lets render one shoe on and one shoe off.”

All jokes aside, thanks for the critique, it is a good observation that she most likely would not have laid the shoe down that way. The artist capturing the image turned the shoe that way to help with the composition. I wanted her face and the shoes to pop, and the trees to help force the eye to Dawn, and the thickest branch to her face. It was a conscious decision.

But I couldn’t help but smile and try to visualize you looking at my render and coping the pose and taking your shoes off and on, that’s awesome! Never in a million years would I have ever expected someone to do that. It is great to know that I helped create an image that not only made someone look at it and think; but actually try to act out the scene. Friend for life, that’s incredible.

View attachment 7420

I just have to put in my two cents worth( this form is also not allowing me to speak the punctuation needed it messes up the sentence the actual words that is)
but when I first thought when I saw this art piece was that she was thinking and feeling my feet hurt ! :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Okay I'm trying again forum is not letting me speak the punctuation I mean the dictation is not working here entirely well so I will have to speak in run-on sentences with no punctuation unless I dictate off-line and paste in darn it:mad:I'm trying so hard not to use my hands typing
Trying Again with Dragon NaturallySpeaking

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I thought so too, hurting feet.
This is really funny, never ever thought that render would get this much attention.
I'm going to add that she probably would not have worn those shoes with that outfit to the park, I'm betting she brought them with her to use for the p̶h̶o̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶o̶t̶ render.
Her flip-flops or sneakers are probably lying on the ground next to that pedestal.

Last edited:

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Here is an image I did with a freebie morph that I found at sharecg. I dialed her into Dawn SE and she came our very cute and sweet!!! If you don't have Dawn SE I would really recommend getting her, because all the old morphs for the old Dawn come out way better. I can post the links to the morph if that is allowed.
DoeyEyedDawnNewsletterImage.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
I had a feeling. I downloaded Doe, but haven't had a chance to install and play with her. Nice render CB. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yes, she is a beautiful character...I really hope Dvl_lvd's doing well. Last time I contacted him he was on the mend and slowly getting back on the computer. He also did the projection templates for Dawn...

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Yep I love using the Doe morph...I wish he would make projection templates for Dusk and for Luna :)