• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Aura Lights Daydream - DAZ Studio - ShareCG
I loaded that lightset, unparented the Shadow Caster, deleted the UE2 taking with it the EnvironmentSphere and rendered through the Master Camera using Iray.
Then opend up a photo that I had taken a while back and blurred it, merged the two images together and spun a little more blur on both images blending them together. Whole thing took like 20 minutes. I forget but I think I remember a little photoshoping of clolor and highlights - might have used dodge tool and blurr tool, would have been minor work if I did.
cheat.JPG

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Made this stylized face for Dawn last night using 11 new face dials I've created with Poser magnets. They only affect Dawn's eyes, mouth and chin. This face is a combination of these with Dawn's own morphs. These new dials can create a variety of stylized faces, and I will play more with them in later renders. Here again, Dawn is an awesome base to create with! ^___^

Stylized_1024.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you, Rokket and Miss B. Magnets are also available in DS (D-formers), and are especially powerful in Poser thanks to the ability to control shaping at vertex level with weight map painting. ^^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Only magnets I've ever dealt with are the ones created when I use Joe/Netherworks Hair Conversion System to convert V4 hairs to work with Dawn. I think I tried using them once in DS 3 Advanced years ago, but never got the hang of it.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
If I remember this right, d-formers didn't work right in DS3, and even in earlier versions of DS4. I don't remember exactly what was wrong, but I think DAZ was figuring out how to implement them in DS. I remember in one of Paul's tutorials, he tried to use d-formers to make a quick test morph, and they didn't work right in DS4.7 either.

But they are compatible with Poser magnets, and that makes sense, since the entire Millennium 4 figures used magnets in their internal rigging. The magnets were hidden so people would 't see them, but they are there! And consider Vicky4 was, and perhaps still is DAZ' most successful figure to this date. ^^

So magnets can also be used for figure rigging, but I just use them to create morphs. One of the huge advantages of making morphs with magnets is that they can be changed at any time if you save the magnets to the props library. This allows creating several variations of the same shapes on the spot by reapplying the magnets and spawning new morphs out of them. In the beginning, magnets could only affect a single body group, but now they can affect as many groups as you wish, and Poser allows controlling their influence with weight maps, giving us vertex level control.

I have been using magnets to create body types for years, but now I am delving into creating facial morphs with them, which is especially challenging because the head is made of many separate parts, and it's easy to mess them up. ;p

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes I remember seeing them and wondered what they were all for. Of course, back then I had no idea whatsoever about character rigging, not that I know that much now since I've never tried it, but at least after all these years, I've learned more about a 3D figure's anatomy.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Nice Ken. Has a very Anime look to the face. Anime is growing on me as time goes by! lol

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yes I remember seeing them and wondered what they were all for. Of course, back then I had no idea whatsoever about character rigging, not that I know that much now since I've never tried it, but at least after all these years, I've learned more about a 3D figure's anatomy.

After working with 3D humans for this long, I have learned anatomy much better, but still far from knowing enough to make decent muscle morphs. ;p

Well done Ken...eyes can be very difficult!

Thanks Pen! I have done the eyes wrong in my previous attempts, but this time I have learned from previous mistakes and the eyes now need no correction morphs. They work perfectly with Dawn's eye morphs. Also, SMS has fixed the broken Animatable Origings in the recent build 11.0.4, so now the end-points finally work, and we can use point-to constrains in morphs with Animatable Origins - like this one! ^^

Nice Ken. Has a very Anime look to the face. Anime is growing on me as time goes by! lol

Yaaay, my work is paying off! :D

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yes, at some point I KNOW I'll want to make an Anime character for both but that's when I get some time. I still have a boat load of projects to finish. Why does my Muse always hit me at times like these? "No, STOP THAT, I don't have... what? You don't say! Hmmmmmmmmm, that's a BRILLIANT idea... no wait... STOP THAT!" Grrrrrrrrrrrrr :p

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I was surprised 3DOutlaw had joined MayaX to take AnimeDoll's head and geograft it on Gen2F, and it's being sold at Rosity. The most ironic is that now there is an AnimeDoll that only works in DS, while the original is still a Poser figure! LOL