• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I don't think he has been well enough Sanbie. When I contacted him to find out why he'd dropped out of site he told me he'd been ill and was only just starting to use the computer again. Not sure how he is and I don't think he would have registered at the new forum so the only point of contact would possibly be ShareCG...

I would love templates for Dusk and Luna...I've been watching some info Paul did for CA's and that with some info Sickle had provided me with may help me work it out. However it's a huge job...you need to make base meshes for all the templates and then have them weightmapped perfectly. That's before you turn them into templates. At least that's my understanding so far.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Wow, Doe looks awesome! Just got it from ShareCG a minute ago, and will try something with it. It says it's from Vaskania (Melissa), who does have an account here. She also made presets for my Took Hikari character set that allows separating the materials from the morphs. If she's ill, I hope she gets better.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Ooh, that's right. Devil_Lived seems to have made a lot of contents for Genesis in the past, but all the recent work was for Dawn. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...I don't think he used Poser and Vaskania asked him before converting it. There were posts on the old forum about it. Either way still a very beautiful figure...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yes, I hope the Hive's little Devil is coming along mending back up! I really miss his presence here! His templates were a gift from the gods!

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Dawn in Sci Fi. I used the free outfit Solar Suit I found at Renderosity. Dawn SE rocks!! She poses like Genesis 2 Female.
Sci Fi Gate JumpernNewsletterImage.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nice DoF AoM, and CB, that's a great sci-fi render of Dawn. I have that Solar Suit, but I like what I assume are DS shaders you used on it. Nicely done both of you. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Haven't posted a render in a while...this is Dawn with my Thorne morphs plus a narrow mouth morph I did...still need to do some more work on that in Zbrush. Texture is a mix of my Diva texture(eyes) and my Thorne texture. Dress is one of Dawn's free ones that I've converted to DS dynamic, Alexios hair and the horns are from rendo. I had to reduce the quality of the original render to upload here. edited to add...lips are done in Shader Mixer using a lip mask.

Thorne the faunb.jpg

Thorne the faun close upb.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Makeup has always been the bane of my character texturing existence. Very nicely done. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B...I really like the eyes on that map, the rest of it needs work and I was actually thinking as I now have some of the MR's from rendo for Dawn having a play at changing the base. I was really excited when I managed to get the lip network set up with a mask in Shader Mixer but I still need to play with the edges of the mask.

Also you might notice that on the hair that their was a larger parting than on the close up. I changed that using a push modifier and scaling on the actual hair...something I'm going to play some more with as I like the way the hair looks in the close up.