• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Share your Sora for Dawn renders here.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Modeled a new sundress and hat for Dawn in 3DSMAX. The boots and bracelet are from my "Diamond Dress" for Dawn. Used Sora + my stylized body type + CatsEyes face morph and textures. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

I made 2 versions of it - a conforming and a semi-dynamic version (conforming on the upper body).

Laced Sundress_1200.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, really liking that hat, and the dress is cute too. Are you going to be offering them for sale?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you for the feedback! ^____^

@Miss B In this render there were no maps, just simple colors. I was thinking on what kind of textures to make, and also sandals and some jewelry. Not sure if people would know how to use a semi-conforming dress in Poser. It conforms like any other outfit on the upper body, and is dynamic from the waist down (the hip). The fully conforming version poses poorly in some cases (as usual with skirts), and I could complement it with body handles like I did with the Office Lady outfit. It's a lot of things to consider. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have wondered how a dress like that would work in the Cloth Room. How do you set up the conforming top, if only the skirt is dynamic? Do you make the whole top soft decorated? If it were a seperate skirt and top, that would be easy. Most "hybrid" outfits I've seen are seperate pieces.

Still it's nice, so think about it. You can always include a short tutorial to explain how to set it up for simming. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It's actually a single piece outfit where everything under the waist is a single group - the hip. There are no groups for the legs. As is, it conforms and follows all upper body poses, but the hip won't follow the legs. To resolve that, select the dress hip and switch to the Cloth Room. When clothifying, Poser will automatically pick the currently selected group - the hip in this case. The rest will remain conforming. When you simulate, only the hip will be dynamic. It's really that simple. :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh, so that's how a hybrid conforming/dynamic outfit works. You'd think by now I would have picked up on the fact that it's so simple :p

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yes, it's THAT simple. :) But I hesitate to sell an outfit with this configuration, though. Even if I explain how it works, I don't know how many people are willing to delve into the Cloth Room. Or worse, they may think the whole thing is dynamic, since that's how it usually goes. That might limit sales. That's why I made 2 versions of the cape (conforming and dynamic) in my Superhero outfit for Dawn. I don't want that to become the breaking point with sales.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So first off, I love the hat. It's amazing. Actually I was just thinking about why don't I have a hat like that the other day.

As for the question on hybrid outfits. I'd actually kind of like to see more of those. I have no idea or not if it would help or hurt sales, but I think there's a lot to be said for hybrid outfits. The only one I own in my runtime has never given me any trouble. Of course I'm a big fan of the cloth room. I think more and more people are getting into dynamics.

I will say with the dynamic stuff I've released, I do have a full tutorial on how to use the cloth room, just in case it is someones first attempt at dynamics (or if they have decided to try again after a long time).

Miss B

CV-BEE
It's actually a single piece outfit where everything under the waist is a single group - the hip. There are no groups for the legs. As is, it conforms and follows all upper body poses, but the hip won't follow the legs. To resolve that, select the dress hip and switch to the Cloth Room. When clothifying, Poser will automatically pick the currently selected group - the hip in this case. The rest will remain conforming. When you simulate, only the hip will be dynamic. It's really that simple. :)
Oh now that IS simple and easy, and makes sense when you think about it. Thanks for that tidbit Ken. ;) ~makes a note~

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, GG! It's amazing that Poser now natively supports all sorts of dynamics, not just cloth and hair. And it does that using industry standards, so I can run simulations in 3DSMAX, Carrara, Modo, and Poser using the same models. As a matter of fact, until 3DSMAX 9, both Poser and MAX were using the same (open source) cloth solver. I have done all sorts of hair and cloth animations using the Bullet engine in Poser with soft body dynamics, and it's really amazing. The only things missing are ragdoll bone physics and springs (Bullet supports both) to allow real-time conforming dynamics like they do in iClone and MMD. The current iClone version has switched from Bullet to NVidia PhysX, which can be hardware accelerated. The upcoming iClone 7 will support real-time physically correct PBR rendering (like Marmoset Toolbag), and it already supports Substance dynamic materials and DirectX 11 GPU accelerated real-time tessellation.

It's easy to be carried away by the all the awesomeness, but the regular Poser user may not be using anything beyond the default Pose Room. Maybe not even the awesome Material Room visual nodes builder. That's what I keep in mind in my products. I have to see if I can compensate for the horrible conforming posing with body handles.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, it's THAT simple. :) But I hesitate to sell an outfit with this configuration, though. Even if I explain how it works, I don't know how many people are willing to delve into the Cloth Room. Or worse, they may think the whole thing is dynamic, since that's how it usually goes. That might limit sales. That's why I made 2 versions of the cape (conforming and dynamic) in my Superhero outfit for Dawn. I don't want that to become the breaking point with sales.
That certainly makes sense Ken. I can understand your reasoning behind the 2 versions.