• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Share your Sora for Dawn renders here.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Miss B This only works because Poser internally splits the single mesh dress into multiple split parts, like each were a separate model. That makes it possible for us to select any individual body group and make it dynamic in its own simulation. This wouldn't work in DS because it keeps the mesh in a single piece since version 4. Even if DS would have open cloth dynamics, it would always simulate the entire mesh, no matter what groups are selected.

That certainly makes sense Ken. I can understand your reasoning behind the 2 versions.

To this date I still haven't seen anybody using the dynamic superhero cape in their renders - even if it looks way more natural and poses like a real cape. ;p

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmmm, this is giving me ideas. Early last year, Sanbie had modeled a nice outfit for Pen's Diva, and I had such a hard time getting it to sim properly, that I'm wondering now if the top were conforming it would help, since the area I was having a problem with, were the shoulder straps. Hmmmmm, going to have to think about that, as I've never rigged/conformed clothing before.

Be prepared, I may be picking your brain. ;)

Oh and as far as the dynamic superhero cape, I would definitely use the dynamic one, so when I can afford to buy the outfit, you WILL see a dynamic render. :D

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hmmmm, this is giving me ideas. Early last year, Sanbie had modeled a nice outfit for Pen's Diva, and I had such a hard time getting it to sim properly, that I'm wondering now if the top were conforming it would help, since the area I was having a problem with, were the shoulder straps. Hmmmmm, going to have to think about that, as I've never rigged/conformed clothing before.

This is exactly a major reason why I make semi-dynamic rigs. Why simulate things that work well conformed? Not only it takes longer, but it can cause unnecessary trouble like you said. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Bunny girl with Sora (+Nissa face), my bunny suit, and a custom body type. Rendered in Poser with Octane.

BunnyLove2.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, MissB. The pose was more challenging for the joints than I anticipated, and the thighs needed some fixing. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I can't create my own full body poses. I'm more a kitbasher of poses that are close to what I want. That's much easier than starting from scratch. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm like Miss B, I need to start with a pose and change from there, otherwise I make it look so unnatural :p

If I don't have the pose? Then I'm stuffed! hahaha

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
There is a method called rotoscoping that can be used in Poser to help building poses from scratch. Find a photo or drawing of the pose you want and load it as a background image. Then pose the figure using the image as a reference, always starting with the hip placement and rotation. Once that is done, the rest will fall into place. I recommend using a front orthographic view to avoid perspective distortions. The reason we start from the hip is because all other bones are connected to it, and also because it's the center joint of the body.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh, I've heard of rotoscoping, but never bothered to check it out. This sounds like something I could do. ~takes notes~

Last edited:

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
There is a method called rotoscoping that can be used in Poser to help building poses from scratch.

I never knew what that was called. You can actually do the same thing with video for animations. I actually love animating, just don't have the time for it. But when I was starting out in Poser, I would film myself doing something, then bring the video into Poser as a reference, and use basically the same method to figure out the movement of the animation.

That being said, I tend to start from other people's poses a lot too. Mostly I look for poses that have the feet position I want, for some reason I never mind posing the upper body from scratch, but I hate dealing with the legs and feet.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Gadget Girl Oh yes, I have rotoscoped video in Poser too! I didn't know how to use animation curves back then, and the movement ended up jerky. One thing that could help with animated loops are animation curve tangents, which we don't have in Poser yet. That could help smoothing out the loops and have better control over movement transitions. Nowadays Poser supports direct input from Kinect 1 and 2. Indoor lighting at home tends to be rather dim and come from a side, which would ruin results with the original Kinect 1, but V2 can MOCAP in low light or even in complete darkness. We can use that to create full body poses, and simple animations.

Here are my tests in Poser Pro 2014 with Kinect V1 and V2:

*V1: -Batman Kinect Mocap Test-
*V2: -Superman Kinect 2.0 Mocap-

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Sora princess
well take it as fantasy...i don´t know how acurate the look is for chinese (i know Sora is japanese)
the hairdress is for a princess...i think the dress need to be more complex for a princess...but i only have this...so...please excuse me!
Daz Iray render