• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do
FlintHawk suggested I share a render of my "fuzzy" HWHorse here, for those HWH enthusiasts who may not have seen it on Renderosity's Poser gallery. I also posted a render of my HWH Fjord pulling a sleigh on the Rendo gallery, but now I fear it's time for the horse to start shedding her winter coat!

------

I finally got serious about giving the HWHorse a fuzzy winter coat like my Fjords have, and this is the result!

I’d never used the Hair Room before, but after creating over 68 hair groups and figuring out how best to texture them, I’m getting the hang of it. The mane worked out better than anything I could’ve modeled, and I was delighted (and a bit surprised) to find that the hair growth props adapted to the morphs I dialed in (including a bit of Shetland and of Draft) as well as to various poses I tried. Only if the neck is bent or arched considerably can you see the separate hair growth props along the mane.

Getting the coat color right was a bit of a challenge, as Fjord horse dun isn’t quite the same as what a dun color looks like on most other breeds. So I had to apply a lot of adjustments to the HWHorse dun texture, lightening the base coat to more of a golden buff, lightening the face considerably, changing the muzzle skin to a light grey, and changing how the primitive markings were applied to the legs. Once I finally got the coat color right and did a test render, I found it a little unsettling just how much the horse looks like one of my Fjord mares, right down to the short forelock, falling-over mane, and sleepy expression!

Rendered in March 2020 in Poser Pro 11 Firefly at 4000 x 2250 pixels. View full size on my blog (which also has a photo of Ivy for comparison).

==CREDITS==

SCENE CREDITS: Barnyard by ARTCollab; Wheelbarrow and muck forks by P3DA; TerraDome2.
CHARACTER CREDITS: HWHorse with custom strand hair and coat modified from the dun texture in CWRW Grullas for the HiveWire Horse; DAZ Squirrel; SongbirdRemix2 by Ken Gilliland.

{PR}HWHorse-Fuzzy-in-Barn-Final.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
You know how much I love the Fjord you created! I am so glad that you decided to share your work here! :applause:

My sister just peeked over my shoulder & thought your picture was a photograph! ;) She has ridden & driven them & she said the team of Fjords could out pull the team of Percherons where she worked!

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
FlintHawk suggested I share a render of my "fuzzy" HWHorse here, for those HWH enthusiasts who may not have seen it on Renderosity's Poser gallery. I also posted a render of my HWH Fjord pulling a sleigh on the Rendo gallery, but now I fear it's time for the horse to start shedding her winter coat!

------

I finally got serious about giving the HWHorse a fuzzy winter coat like my Fjords have, and this is the result!

I’d never used the Hair Room before, but after creating over 68 hair groups and figuring out how best to texture them, I’m getting the hang of it. The mane worked out better than anything I could’ve modeled, and I was delighted (and a bit surprised) to find that the hair growth props adapted to the morphs I dialed in (including a bit of Shetland and of Draft) as well as to various poses I tried. Only if the neck is bent or arched considerably can you see the separate hair growth props along the mane.

Getting the coat color right was a bit of a challenge, as Fjord horse dun isn’t quite the same as what a dun color looks like on most other breeds. So I had to apply a lot of adjustments to the HWHorse dun texture, lightening the base coat to more of a golden buff, lightening the face considerably, changing the muzzle skin to a light grey, and changing how the primitive markings were applied to the legs. Once I finally got the coat color right and did a test render, I found it a little unsettling just how much the horse looks like one of my Fjord mares, right down to the short forelock, falling-over mane, and sleepy expression!

Rendered in March 2020 in Poser Pro 11 Firefly at 4000 x 2250 pixels. View full size on my blog (which also has a photo of Ivy for comparison).

==CREDITS==

SCENE CREDITS: Barnyard by ARTCollab; Wheelbarrow and muck forks by P3DA; TerraDome2.
CHARACTER CREDITS: HWHorse with custom strand hair and coat modified from the dun texture in CWRW Grullas for the HiveWire Horse; DAZ Squirrel; SongbirdRemix2 by Ken Gilliland.

Very nicely done! It does look like a photo and I am so impressed with the Poser Hair room stuff.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Here is a picture with Morning Dove that I apparently started back in 2017! I decided it was about time to get it finished! :lol:

Credits:

Dawn Special Edition by Christopher Creek Art, CG Cubed, Lisa's Botanicals & Virtual World at HiveWire 3D Creations
Morning Dove for Dawn by Flint_Hawk at HiveWire3D
Morning Dove Wardrobe-Set 2 by Flint_Hawk & PhotoGG at HiveWire3D
Dynamics 09 for Dawn - Anarkali Dress and Scarf by Lully at HiveWire 3D
I Heart U Jewelry Set for Dawn by Lully at HiveWire 3D
Autumn Winds Hair by Vaela at DAZ

HiveWire Horse by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
CWRW Ultra Textures for HW Horse Pack 2 Mini-Set - Pintos by CWRW at HiveWire3D

SBRM Birds of Prey Vol 3 - Hawks of the New World (Harris Hawk) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D
Nature's Wonders Saguaro Habitat by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Evening Grandeur by PhotoGG at HiveWire3D

Xfrog Plants USA Southwest Soaptree Yucca
Fallands Vol 1 by Traveler at RDNA
Northern Soul by Matthew Pinchbeck (aka Caisson) at RDNA
Goldenrod photo taken by Huw Williams in Fountain County, Indiana
Sioux Village by Albert Bierstadt-Public Domain

Silent Communication
Silent Communication.jpg

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist

------

==CREDITS==

View attachment 57825

Great job! Yeah I haven't done a Fjord yet:) Can I ask- Firefly or Superfly? Your hair room work looks great!

Speaking of Fjords! I have ridden my fair share:) This is me riding my friend's mare at the National Western Stock Show Evening of Dancing Horses waaay back in 2002:) (me on the right:)

SchatzbergDHshot.jpg

Great job! Yeah I haven't done a Fjord yet:) Can I ask- Firefly or Superfly? Your hair room work looks great!

Speaking of Fjords! I have ridden my fair share:) This is me riding my friend's mare at the National Western Stock Show Evening of Dancing Horses waaay back in 2002:) (me on the right:)

Thank you! Hope you don't mind what I did with your dun texture :) I have Poser Pro 11, but I only use Firefly as it better suits my needs.

I bet I saw your Dancing Horses ride, as I've been going for years -- mainly to see the Fjord quadrille! Beth invited me to join (with either of my two Fjord mares), but I'm such an introvert that I never got around to it, and now I no longer ride, alas. And the girls (2 Fjords and 1 Percheron/TB) are in their 20's, so they're enjoying retirement! You can see photos of them here.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yeah I was guessing Firefly as I have not gotten Superfly to "play nice" with doing Hair Room animal fur yet. Great job!

Wow! Small world! I am just around the corner from Beth and Sandy's- I live on the corner of County Road "Fjord":) That is Maerta- their first Fjord -in the pic I posted. I rode John Arthur another year and also Orinke and little Gracie other years. All those perfomances were in the 2000's. LOL I have Morgan horses.... Beth is always trying to give me a Fjord:)

Great pix!! And lovely horses! Thx for sharing!

Carey

Extraordinary
Carey, this is magnificent! WOW!
I don't know if you want to hear any of this, but even if you don't I am in a bad mood today so tough, I don't care....This all start with designing a new character...the archer....I added lighting a loved the shadowing, even pumped it up a little to get some deep shadowing... I liked the character, but had no idea what to do with him. So I just started throwing other characters at him... An ogre happened by and ...well... the rest is all a childhood dream...lol Thanks for your kind words...

Carey

Extraordinary
Still working on my hippogryph. Trying out how to create flying cycles most easily.

The take off is a full animation up to the moment the gryphon is in the air, after that individual poses can do the flying.
The landing is just a sequence of individual poses strung together and tweaked a bit. The advantage is that I can decide how fast the beat should be, by selecting the number of frames between each pose. Each wing cycle needs only three poses to animate.

View attachment 57668

Taking off animation

View attachment 57669

Landing animation

Do these wings make it's butt look big or is it just me? lol

Carey

Extraordinary
nah... it's just the angle I guess. The horse is the standard horse.
Apparently, We have not been introduced yet, my comment was meant not only as a sort of joke, but to also compliment your work...Seems I forgot the last part.. I am not known for getting things right.. course having just turned 64 I am not used to acting my age yet....lol I like what you did and wanted you to know it.....

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Apparently, We have not been introduced yet, my comment was meant not only as a sort of joke, but to also compliment your work...Seems I forgot the last part.. I am not known for getting things right.. course having just turned 64 I am not used to acting my age yet....lol I like what you did and wanted you to know it.....
:D Thanks

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Picture I did for the weekly challenge over at Deviantart

Dawn
DawnSs.jpg

Firebird Addon for the Hippogryph, this time with the head smaller and the neck shortened. I think that creates better dimensions for the hippogryph than leaving the neck at the horses length. Each bone was just shortend by 10% and the Head size morph used.

AMs squirrel (yes, there is one!)
AM's Hills and Valleys
DimensionTheory's HDRI and clouds
Ken Gilliard's Beeeater from the Australia pack