• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
That image took about two hours to render.
But I learned something today about my computer if advanced virtualization is enabled it speeds up things a lot.
I tried again with it enabled and it took 30 minutes.
Wow, had I known this all along it would have been so nice!

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Credits:

HiveWire Horse by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
CWRW Ultra Textures for the HiveWire Horse Pack 1 by CWRW at HiveWire3D
Morning Dove Wardrobe-Set 3 by Flint_Hawk at HiveWire3D

SBRM Sea Birds 2 (Western Gull) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Soft Glory Skies by PhotoGG at HiveWire3D

Legends of Fantasy by Susan Justice (formerly McKivergan) at Renderosity

Cherokee Dawn
Cherokee Dawn.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here it is and it is from the Bluestacks app that lets you play Android games on the pc.
But it works for other graphic programs speeding them up a bit.
It is a CPU thing on Intel and AMD computers.

Virtualization win 10

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks FL. I'll check into it.

Edited to add: Well it turned out nice and easy, because you can check to see if it's available, and/or whether it's enabled, simply by opening the Task Manager's Performance tab. It's listed right there, and yes, this puppy's got it enabled. No wonder my Cycles renders have been so much faster. Then again, with 6 cores I have 12 threads, instead of the 8 threads I had on the old 4 core laptop. :)

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
This is another of the BIG horses- the American Cream Draft Horse.

Credits:

HiveWire Horse - Draft by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
CWRW Ultra Textures for the HiveWire Horse Pack 1 by CWRW at HiveWire3D

SBRM Africa (Black Headed Weaver) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire 3D

Autumn Exucursion by Lisa Botanicals at HiveWire 3D

Rock in Forest by Andrey Pestryakov at DAZ
Fern Lake by Stonemason (Stefan Morrell) at DAZ
Autumn Fern by Traveler at RDNA
Northern Soul by Matthew Pinchbeck (aka Caisson) at RDNA
Gothic Woodlands Backgrounds by Susan Justice at Renderosity

Autumn Gold
Autumn Gold.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thanks FL. I'll check into it.

Edited to add: Well it turned out nice and easy, because you can check to see if it's available, and/or whether it's enabled, simply by opening the Task Manager's Performance tab. It's listed right there, and yes, this puppy's got it enabled. No wonder my Cycles renders have been so much faster. Then again, with 6 cores I have 12 threads, instead of the 8 threads I had on the old 4 core laptop. :)
I didn't know about it till I installed BlueStacks and had a notice that the games would go faster with it.
I checked and found mine was not enabled, went in and did that so now my renders are faster too.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks for posting about it, because I wouldn't have known it existed. I use the Task Manager every so often, and never really looked at the bottom list of items, so had never heard of it. Made a note for the future. ;)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Looks very good. Very exotic Critter, that. Aren't there some 'horse of a different color' textures that might be useful for this kind of thing? I am reasonably sure that I've seen something like that in the store.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
You might be thinking of Faery_lights 'bejewelled' textures. They might work quite nicely here. However, a peacock does have brownish feathers in the wings and part of the body so even a horse texture works fine I think.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah that's right. We need to bug her about doing textures for wings as well.
Yeah, the horse textures do work perfectly acceptably. But it was an idea.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Yeah that's right. We need to bug her about doing textures for wings as well.
Yeah, the horse textures do work perfectly acceptably. But it was an idea.
Well, I am not using the HiveWireHorseWings, because I think the connecting faces between the wings make things very hard to texture, you need one texture per skin you own and that reduces the multifunctionality of the wings. I prefer using wings that are standalones, they are a lot more versatile. There won't be any wings included in the set, most people have the one or other wing set that can be adapted quite nicely. I personally love the feathered wings.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
This is my attempt at creating an American Saddlebred. It's wonderful that the HiveWire Horse can be transformed into so many different breeds!

Credits:

HiveWire Thoroughbred by Christopher Creek Art, CG Cubed, CWRW at HiveWire 3D Creations

Sparrows of the World (American Tree Sparrow) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Evening Grandeur by PhotoGG at HiveWire3D

3D Scenery-Autumn Path by ShaaraMuse3D at Renderosity
FlinksFlowers -Flower7- Dandelion by Flink at Renderosity

Golden Splendor
Golden Splender.jpg