• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

xyer0

Brilliant
Jeanne d'Avenir
JeanneD'Avenir by xyer0

xyer0

Brilliant
Thanks Napalm Arsenal for the comment and everyone for the likes! I just found this thread yesterday, and I enjoyed seeing all the Harry renders. He deserves more love and support. Someone (I forget whom) promised some muscle/vein displacement maps for him, but they haven't appeared yet. I'm getting CWRW's new Appaloosa ultraHD (6000x6000) maps this week, and I hope she'll give us more in the future.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks Napalm Arsenal for the comment and everyone for the likes! I just found this thread yesterday, and I enjoyed seeing all the Harry renders. He deserves more love and support. Someone (I forget whom) promised some muscle/vein displacement maps for him, but they haven't appeared yet. I'm getting CWRW's new Appaloosa ultraHD (6000x6000) maps this week, and I hope she'll give us more in the future.
You can bet Laurie always has something waiting in the wings for Harry! Well, If I were better at Blacksmith I would give it a try, but ....... thinking possibly somethings might be done with transmaps. Lots of things on my plate though. Cat morph first and then the deer, and a look at the HW dog so .... it's just one of those things. As a small company everyone is doubled up on some projects and the like, but HW quality is bar none the best. So hopefully something soon.

Those Appaloosa maps are awesome!! I have them myself. I need to use more .......... sigh bit of a soft spot there! As my horse Rain resembles the chocolate snow top image in that set. She passed some time ago though........I still miss her. I used to go riding with my cousin back then and he passed also more recently bullriding accident miss him terribly too.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'll say. I wonder if they stay like that, or their coats change as they mature.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If you look up Zebra Mutations you get a lot of beautiful variations on the coat. That new spotted zebra wasn't the first one "spotted" lol
1569097143530.png
1569097185629.png
1569097240641.png

1569096979170.png
1569097046389.png
1569096992209.png
1569097007307.png
1569097029830.png
1569097087409.png
1569097079369.png
1569097258175.png
1569097283845.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Whoa, a lot of those are just weird. I never realized there was so much mutation in zebra coats.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Thestra;-2019.jpg

Another screenshot of a spot render. Now that I have a version of the Strigoa wings that can be posed without coming apart (although the don't really fold up completely, but they will fold more than this) I figured that I'd redo my Thestral base.

This time, I figured that any flying equine probably would do best by starting from the foal morph, and then scaling it up. I am much indebted to Soarky, since I used all three of her horse morphs in building it. The Kelpie teeth and texture, the Kirin hooves and just enough of that morph to somewhat change the shape of the ears, and a hefty dose of the Skelehorse. This time I also added a bit of 3DU's Toon horse as well.

Hit a glitch with the wings. They do take the original textures, and I probably ought to have worked from those. But instead I first ran an Iray to 3DL converter on them and reapplied the trans maps. It looked fine in the viewport, but when I tried a spot render the wings disappeared, except for a few smudges. So I reapplied the Iray texture and tried again. I could get a 3DL spot render of them, but I don't know if I could get a real render.

Next time I'll just work from one of the old 3DL textures.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Got it. Used textures from an add-on to the original set, with adjustments in the surfaces tab (since the original was about half red) and the transparency maps from the new version -- which I think are a vast improvement.

I now have a Thestral that I'm really pleased with. Even if the wings don't fold all the way.

Now I need to double-check if I can get proper ears onto my hippogryff.
Thestral.jpg