• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
"Rocking" Harry!!!!

All the best.

Richard

Rocking Harry 001.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
LOVE Flint's kids.... working on my little girl on the Rocking horse now...

NICE Richard!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Wow... these looks great folks. Really like the classic tack added in.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oh wow! gorgeous!!!!!!!!! Duh... never thought of using the "regular horse" ON/WITH the rocker! o_O

what Christmas tree is that?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
oh wow! gorgeous!!!!!!!!! Duh... never thought of using the "regular horse" ON/WITH the rocker! o_O

what Christmas tree is that?
Thanks all!!

I probably should of put a product list with the images here also.

@Lyne , It's RDNA's Snowy Pines Vol 4 with the snow removed (there is an option to remove the snow with the package). I think it's like Pine 04. The package is in the deep freeze sale, and I got it for a huge discount. Poser 4+ not tested in Daz.

The decorations are Dusk's universal boots, HW cowboy hat with foxy fashion applied, flowers, Lisa's Daylily with the Shark fin Texture, and the bows are a freebie....share CG maybe or Fantasy Attic. I used the hook that comes with the rocking horse on the other decorations. The lights I made and are part of my solar flare brush set, the Bokeh effect is done using ObsidianDawn's Tutorial Creating Faux Bokeh Backgrounds in Photoshop Tutorial | Obsidian Dawn but I tweaked it a little.

I will tell you if you use the foal morph with the classic tack, it fits pretty much fine except it's a little crunchy around the stirrups and the reins I post worked those a small bit. The foal parents fairly well to the rocker, but you may have to adjust size on the foal to hit the pegs correctly along the X and Y Axis, but all of CWRW's textures load fantastic, as par the course, since they also load to the foal. I have not however tried the rocking horse texture on the foal. I LOVE LOVE!! The texture she has done for the rocking horse!! You will probably see more of that in future renders.

Last edited:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I've used those trees (at least I'm pretty sure it was the same pack of trees) in DS3. Took forever to render, but looked quite good when finished. That was the illo that used five christmas trees and took something like 10.5 24-hour days to render everything so I could composite it in Photoshop.

I think I'd be tempted to use the rocking horse texture and dial in a bit of the 'Toon horse morph. It's not supposed to be a *real* horse, after all. Right?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I've used those trees (at least I'm pretty sure it was the same pack of trees) in DS3. Took forever to render, but looked quite good when finished. That was the illo that used five christmas trees and took something like 10.5 24-hour days to render everything so I could composite it in Photoshop.

I think I'd be tempted to use the rocking horse texture and dial in a bit of the 'Toon horse morph. It's not supposed to be a *real* horse, after all. Right?

That long render time might be why they are not tested in Daz, but shrug it's obviously worth it to you if you like the results.

If you go to some high end department stores, like Macy's or Nostrums some of them are pretty darn close to real looking. Breyer has a version that is very exceptional when it comes to the realistic style, and then you have some that are the cartoonish style, and each to their own stylistic preference.

Last edited:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, part of the problem was that DS3 was a 32-bit program. I haven't re-tested how long it takes to render them in DS4+. (On a different computer with twice as much RAM.)

And of course I needed them to be Christmas trees so I'd layered on the tinsel and bobbles from the old Redhouse Christmas tree as well. Oi!

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
This is amazing Lyne! You create such precious renders with little Luna! I know how much work went into this, but it was certainly worth it!

Love the poem you wrote to go with this too! It and the full size picture on your website are worth seeing!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Flint, Napalm, Lyne. Paganeagle -

So many beautiful images!! Hopefully haven't missed anyone :)