• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
ahelpfulnudge.jpg

The sweet mare, Lady, had rolled onto her back again to scratch an itch.
Now she wriggled and thrashed as she struggled to roll over to get up again.
Lady nickered loudly, she was not having an easy time of it as she thrashed about.
Lucky, the old stallion, let his ears flick upwards as he heard her pitiful whinnies.
His hooves kicked up a dust as he trotted over and nudged her gently as he neighed softly to her.
Then his head dropped to her back and he pushed until she was on her belly.
Once she was on her belly he gave her a gently, helpful nudge to get her back on her feet.
Lucky was an older retired show horse and very intelligent, his mare Lady was only a bit younger than him.
This was not the first time he had been there to help her and would not be the last.

My muse finally found something to inspire me, a memory from when I was a youngster.
Mom and Dad had taken on a job of looking after the owner's cattle and horses in exchange for the renting of the house.
It was a small place, can't remember how may rooms but not more than three.
Mom milked the cows, two or three, and fed them and the bull and two horses.
The bull was named Leo and was a gentle sweetheart that loved to have his jaws scratched.

The to horses were named Lucky and Lady, Lucky was an old show horse.
So this story is true, and Lucky was always there for Lady until the owner in a fit sent him away.
A short time later we all moved back to the city.

I used CWRW's Bay texture for Lucky because it is nearest to what I recall his color to be.
Lady was a bit lighter so I used my Buckskin set on her.

Fully rendered in Poser 11 using the EZDome and a little post work in Photoshop to liven the color a bit.