• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

unreal

Noteworthy
Saw this picture, made me think of a funny story from when I was a teenager.
I used to work in a restaurant as a dishwasher/busboy. One of my jobs was to change the beer kegs at night or during the dinner rush. Had a new guy I was training that night, and the beer was getting low, so we set him up. One of the cooks went to the back and got an empty keg and put it in the cooler with the full kegs. We knew one it was. So the beer keg on tap finally went dry and we hand to change it out. One of the cooks grabbed the new guy and told him to follow him to the beer cooler. The cook opened the cooler and grabbed the empty keg and hefted it over his shoulder and walked out of the cooler. He told the new guy to grab another keg and follow. The new guy went into the cooler and we all near bust a gut laughing when he nearly killed himself trying to lift it to his shoulders. We finally took pity on him and let him in on the joke.
View attachment 71960
nice :D

eclark1894

Visionary
Uncle martin (My Favorite Martian). There was also a later cartoon. The last thing I'm remember that actor in was as "Mr Hand" in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". He was the foil to Spicolli. "Mr Hand, I've been thinking... Since this is your time, and it's my time, isn't it *our* time?"

"So what this Jefferson dude was saying is: these British are bogus. And if we don't get some cool rules, pronto, we'll be bogus as well."

And that's taking up space in my brain.
He also played the groundskeeper at Starfleet Academy, Boothby, on Star Trek The Next Generation and Voyager.

eclark1894

Visionary
Something about logarithms? Each year in school, one would come in the "kit". We promptly ignored it, doing things by hand or calculator.
I remember when using a calculator during a test was considered cheating. Eventually, the school just gave in and let us use them.
1642037228723.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this??? I LOVED Paul Lynde in the center square. Three guests that are still around from that show, Karen Valentine, Rich Little and Charo.
1642037959627.png
1642038176110.png
Cuchi Cuchi! :D

DanaTA

Distinguished
Uncle martin (My Favorite Martian). There was also a later cartoon. The last thing I'm remember that actor in was as "Mr Hand" in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". He was the foil to Spicolli. "Mr Hand, I've been thinking... Since this is your time, and it's my time, isn't it *our* time?"

"So what this Jefferson dude was saying is: these British are bogus. And if we don't get some cool rules, pronto, we'll be bogus as well."

And that's taking up space in my brain.
Ray Walston...also had a recurring, occasional, role on Star Trek: The Next Generation as the grounds caretaker at the Starfleet Academy.

Dana

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
He was also the town judge in Picket Fences I believe, also in several Simon & Simon episodes, the newspaper vendor in Johnny Dangerously (only the greatest gangster movie ever made), and likely much more.

eclark1894

Visionary
I didn't realize so many Laugh-In people were still around, and I still didn't get them all! I couldn't find pictures for about six or eight people.

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these??? I do. I've said that we were poor, so when my brother and I had to go get hair cuts which seemed to be about every other saturday, we had to walk across the railroad tracks and over to Harris Barber College. They would cut your hair for a lot less, but it was training for them to become barbers. The barber College is still there, across the street from Shaw University and still cranking out barbers. I saw this picture and it brought back fond memories.
1642105042092.png

eclark1894

Visionary
So I was thinking about Bob Saget today, and tv dads. Saget was basically my age so no dad there. But I did remember two tv dads when I was growing up. One was Steve Douglas of My Three Sons. The other, everybody tends to overlook or no remember.
Remember them??? The show was the Courtship of Eddie's Father. I think I kind of related to it because, Eddie lost his mother and I had lost my father.
1642132220439.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OMG! Were you looking over my shoulder when I was at the supermarket today?!?!?!?!?

I bought two packages, one Milk Chocolate, and one Dark Chocolate!!

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember him? You probably don't but you might remember the Movie. The Blob, starring Steve McQueen and Aneta Corsault, and this little guy at the the time. Keith Almoney , played the little boy, Danny.
1642252717276.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this?? You put your left foot in, then left foot out. You put your left foot in, then you shake it all about. We actually used to do that on skates in the 70s.:D
1642253520866.png