• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have to agree with you Earl, as Monopoly was my favorite board game as well. In fact, I till have an old computer version of it, but it's from when I had my first DOS-based computer decades ago, so can't play it on Windows.

I remember Clue, but never had it, though I think one of my friends back then did.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I have to agree with you Earl, as Monopoly was my favorite board game as well. In fact, I till have an old computer version of it, but it's from when I had my first DOS-based computer decades ago, so can't play it on Windows.

I remember Clue, but never had it, though I think one of my friends back then did.
you could use a program such as Dosbox or similar to play older DOS games.

DanaTA

Distinguished

Have you tried an application called DOSBOX? It lets you run very old programs in a DOS type window. I've used it to play games from Apogee, like Monuments of Mars and Crystal Caves.

DOSBOX

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
Just had a flashback to elementary school. I could see Washington Elementary school from my house but ... they could see me too. I didn't think of that one day when i pretended to be sick so I wouldn't have to go to school. I didn't go, but I had miscalculated. I couldn't go outdoors either because someone at the school might recognize me. So I had to stay home and stay in bed, even though I wasn't really sick. I went to school the next day.:)

eclark1894

Visionary
Child hood... sigh!
1639010085250.png

eclark1894

Visionary
There was a time when these were EVERYWHERE. People were advertising on the covers, nightclubs gave them out for free. You got a free pack when you bought cigarettes, even in a vending machine. They were littered on the ground. They still make matches, but do they still come in a book?
1639068761151.png

eclark1894

Visionary
My last post made me think of something else that's gone. Album covers. I remember my best friend's sister when she was in high school, decorated her whole room with posters and album covers on the walls. My nephew decorated his bedroom wall too, but he did it with Top's Baseball cards, back when they had gum in the pack.
1639069552736.png

DanaTA

Distinguished
CDs still have the cover art, but it lacks. Can't do something like they did with Led Zeppelin III. Or Three Dog Night's 7 Separate Fools album. Or Jethro Tull's Stand Up album.

Dana

unreal

Noteworthy
I've always known and thought that Vixen was female. Supposedly, Dancer, Prancer, and Cupid are all girls too. And now, scientists are arguing that all of the reindeer are female since they still have their antlers and male reindeer lose theirs in the winter. A stupid argument since normal reindeer don't fly either. Since they're magical reindeer they can retain their antlers too.:sneaky:
Too funny!

That's what I thought too. Flying reindeer that still have their horns are female because it's more realistic.

Sure.

Someone once calculated how fast Santa would have to be traveling to deliver all the toys in one night. The speed was relativistic. Which means that moving through anything other than a total vacuum would instantly result in nuclear explosion.

'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a create was stirring...
KA-BOOM!

I'm getting old(er). I totally don't remember that Christmas story.

eclark1894

Visionary
Too funny!

That's what I thought too. Flying reindeer that still have their horns are female because it's more realistic.

Sure.

Someone once calculated how fast Santa would have to be traveling to deliver all the toys in one night. The speed was relativistic. Which means that moving through anything other than a total vacuum would instantly result in nuclear explosion.
The argument has also been made that it's time dilation. Which says something about how fast those reindeer are.:D