• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I remember the smaller sized TV Guides. I still subscribe to them, and wish we had the older style back.

Most of what's in the current editions is more like People magazine, and it's only lists Prime Time (evening) schedules. I liked when I could look up what's on TV at 4:00pm when I got home from school.

eclark1894

Visionary
Yes, I remember the smaller sized TV Guides. I still subscribe to them, and wish we had the older style back.

Most of what's in the current editions is more like People magazine, and it's only lists Prime Time (evening) schedules. I liked when I could look up what's on TV at 4:00pm when I got home from school.
B-, think we should tell the kids of the horrors of the days when we only had 3 three networks and NO cable? :rofl:

Miss B

CV-BEE
No, why upset them. My first black and white TV when I moved out on my own had 7 networks, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9,11 and 13. I don't remember when we got the additional 4 networks.

eclark1894

Visionary
No, why upset them. My first black and white TV when I moved out on my own had 7 networks, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9,11 and 13. I don't remember when we got the additional 4 networks.
Back in the 90s. ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, WB, UPN. I don't remember any other networks. Except the CW which formed from a merger of UPN and WB networks. Unless you add PBS.

eclark1894

Visionary
Yes PBS is 13 on the dial, at least it is here.
I don't know why, but I've never counted PBS as a real network. It gets it's money through taxpayers and sponsors, but not commercials. I used to work at a college radio station. Most of our operating capital came from the Students. The money we had to make up, like PBS, we got through sponsorships and agreements.

eclark1894

Visionary
Anybody remember back , particularly in the 70s, when cars had a glut of radio antennas on them?
I've been told they still have them, but have you seem them lately?
1632747351038.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not sure I've ever seen a car, other than maybe a police vehicle, with more than one antenna. Certainly not as many as on that car.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm not sure I've ever seen a car, other than maybe a police vehicle, with more than one antenna. Certainly not as many as on that car.
I've seen plenty, but I do live in Raleigh, NC, which was mainly a rural area back in the 70s and early 80s.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I've seen cars with a lot of antennae, I think it was different kinds of communications devices. The biggest one was the CB back then. Never had one myself. But I had a couple of friends who used them. Mostly at home, though. Truckers used them a lot.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
I've seen cars with a lot of antennae, I think it was different kinds of communications devices. The biggest one was the CB back then. Never had one myself. But I had a couple of friends who used them. Mostly at home, though. Truckers used them a lot.

Dana
My brother was a CB NUT! I remember he used to climb trees in our back yard and put CB radio antennas in them. His CB handle was This is the "Blackhawk, bird of Prey!" Sigh, I miss him.

robert952

Brilliant
I had three antennas. One for regular radio (AM/FM) and two for my Citizen Band radio (co-phased - the antennas were a specific distance apart to aid in transmission and reception.) Handle: Chess Nut (yes, I was a complete nerd. )

Lots of fun since nearly every CB radio we had were, shall we say, less than legal. We had one legal rig in case the FCC wanted to inspect our station 0 ;-)

A couple of our CB friends also ran amateur radios and had 2-3 more on their cars (or vans in a couple cases).

eclark1894

Visionary
I had three antennas. One for regular radio (AM/FM) and two for my Citizen Band radio (co-phased - the antennas were a specific distance apart to aid in transmission and reception.) Handle: Chess Nut (yes, I was a complete nerd. )

Lots of fun since nearly every CB radio we had were, shall we say, less than legal. We had one legal rig in case the FCC wanted to inspect our station 0 ;-)

A couple of our CB friends also ran amateur radios and had 2-3 more on their cars (or vans in a couple cases).
This here's the Rubber Duck, Chess Nut, Good Buddy! That's a Big Ten-Four and We Gone! :rofl:

eclark1894

Visionary
I saw this and had to post it because it reminded me of my first record player. Actually. it was my brother's. I would sneak into his room and play my records on it. Including Disney storybook records and Puff the Magic Dragon. Actually, this only reminded me of the basic style of my brother's record player. Whenever we closed it up, it looked like a little suitcase. It would also play 78 speed records, that I believe not a lot of people had.

eclark1894

Visionary
I saw this and had to post it because it reminded me of my first record player. Actually. it was my brother's. I would sneak into his room and play my records on it. Including Disney storybook records and Puff the Magic Dragon. Actually, this only reminded me of the basic style of my brother's record player. Whenever we closed it up, it looked like a little suitcase. It would also play 78 speed records, that I believe not a lot of people had.

1632854655089.png

robert952

Brilliant
My 'first' phonograph played only 45 RPM records with the big hole. I got it has hand me down when the family got a 'Home Entertainment Center' with TV (B&W at that time), phonograph (that played LPs and had a 45RPM adapter), and an AM/FM Stereo Radio. I think the radio also had shortwave. It was in a HUGE cabinet. (Seriously, at least 6 foot long. I called it The Casket because the covers over the record player and radio opened like a coffin/casket. Creeped my sister out because I would always make a 'screech' sound every time I opened those doors.)

eclark1894

Visionary
Completely random, but despite the name, I was not a fan of the Clark Bar. As I understand it, they taste like Butterfingers. I didn't like Butterfingers either. I liked peanuts and peanut Butter, but for some reason, couldn't stand peanuts or peanut butter on or in my candy.
1632869023659.png

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Well, clearly the first is some sort of viking shield, the second and third are variations on the hockey puck used in some city leagues, and the last is a off brand imitation of a zippo lighter:sneaky:

There really needs to be a tongue in cheek emote. For the Record this was not a serious answer.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The first one looks like the insert we'd pop into the big hole on the smaller vinyl records (singles, with a song on each side) to be able to play them on a turntable designed for the larger vinyl records (albums). The second two are probably the same thing.

Not a clue on the fourth image.