• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

Terre

Renowned
I watched it until it went off in the 80s. I think they even changed the name to "Good Morning Captain".
I wouldn't be surprised. Come to think og it I do have a few memoris of it in color so I must have seen it now and then in the 70s on my grandmother's color TV.

eclark1894

Visionary
I don't drink coffee, but it's been so long since I've heard these names, that i forgot they even exist.
1631418518104.png
1631418582165.png

1631418692455.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I haven't had coffee in other 20-25 years, mostly because I prefer a good cup of tea in the Winter. I remember the Sanka and Folgers, but don't know if the supermarkets around here still carry them. Maxwell House is definitely still on the shelf.

Edited to Add: OK, I just checked their website, and they also carry Sanka and Folgers, but whether the local store here carries those 2, I don't know for sure.

eclark1894

Visionary
For the record, no, I wasn't drinking beer back then. Although, I think my sister or brother gave me a hit of wine once. But, do you remember when you had to use a can opener to open a beer can?
1631568963938.png
1631569094094.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I remember the can opener. IIRC, back in the day we used one like that to open soda cans too.

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember when these were considered top of the line high tech? I've had one each, except the fax machine. I had to go to kinko's for that.
1631579178299.png
1631579308344.png
1631579455436.png

Terre

Renowned
Actually, the can openers like that are still around. I had one in my hands not more than three years ago.
Yup. THey are still around. We sell them at the store I work at. I think their most common use for our customers is on the big cans of juice.

eclark1894

Visionary
Saw this and it brought back memories! My brother used to play the trumpet in school. We had to buy used instruments in a local pawn shop.
1631750876329.png

A couple of years later, I moved up from a recorder to a Clarinet.
1631751019574.png

eclark1894

Visionary
I was in a live chat on YouTube and one of the participants reminded me of something. Remember when you could pick the phone (landline) and dial for the time? Or when you were a kid, if you were up past ten, your tv flashed this message:
1631895616466.png

Terre

Renowned
I do remember calling for time and temp. Never was watching TV late enough for the message you are showing. It was likely there though.

DanaTA

Distinguished
A lot of stations just went to static. These days, it seems all of them are 24/7. Many with informercials all through the wee hours.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
A lot of stations just went to static. These days, it seems all of them are 24/7. Many with informercials all through the wee hours.

Dana
In my state, they all signed off. Sometimes they would show a test pattern. I found out later that this was to help the cameras white balance. The colorbars came along when tv went to color.
1632052150603.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Anybody remember your first tv set? Remember when you had to actually get up to change the channel? Speaking of channels, there was a second dial on most tv sets. It was called the UHF dial. It was a second dial on your tv that you had to use to get the higher frequency stations, like around here it was channel 28. The Regular usually went all the way up to 13, then had a "U" or "UF" on it. Then you would twist the second dial until your channel came in.
1632078630757.png
1632078733734.png

robert952

Brilliant
@eclark1894 Yep, I remember it well. As a college class (Microwave Theory) project, I designed and built a channel specific antenna (channel 36). Aced the project with an ugly entry (coat hanger pieces stapled on a 1" X 1" piece of wood).

eclark1894

Visionary

Dana
I don't know where my head was. It's not likely that the station just went to static as that would most likely be a violation of FCC rules and regulations. Stations are licensed to broadcast during specific hours of the day, particularly radio stations. However, if a station DOES go to static, it's most likely doing some transmitter maintenance. I know all this because I studied broadcast communications in college. I even had to do some transmitter maintenance with out school's station engineer.