• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Americans will probably have no idea as to what show this is from in the '70s :inverted: :D

eclark1894

Visionary
Yes, but I'm having a senior moment, as I can't remember his name.

At first I wanted to say George Burns, but he didn't wear glasses, and was known for the cigar he always had in his hand.
Jack Benny. I caught the tail end of his show being on the air growing up. Burns wore glasses as he got older.

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this??? Growing up, I used to watch this on Sunday mornings before my brother and I left for Sunday School. Remember Sunday School?
1645150636634.png

eclark1894

Visionary
This movie has been coming up in my YouTube feed a lot recently. It's really not that old a movie, but I did go see it. It was hilarious. And it made me go out and, for some reason, buy a red stapler. I didn't know it then, actually until recently, that the producers needed a red stapler for the movie, but Swingline didn't make them. The painted a stapler red, and Swingline started making them.
1645192879501.png

McGyver

Energetic
Americans will probably have no idea as to what show this is from in the '70s :inverted: :D

”Dad’s Army” or ”Father‘s Army”…or something like that…
I only saw a couple of episodes, either in Europe or maybe on a late night TV spot in the mid eighties…
The spot was called “Thames on Nine” and was a random collection of older British TV shows on WWOR TV in N.Y. back before it became part of the UPN network or the Borg Collective or whoever bought them up… or perhaps I saw it on PBS (Public Broadcast Service) …
PBS is mostly educational television, but it used to have lots of good British shows, like Mont Python and The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (with my all time favorite Sherlock Holmes, Jeremy Brett)…
Okay, Steven Strange made a good Sherlock Holmes and even though Bilbo Baggins was recast a discharged army doctor instead of a telekinetic hobbit like in the original books, I liked the Brett series better.
But anyway, I think the Captain guy in the photo was in some other show too… maybe as an obnoxious bank manager or business owner…?... If he’s the same guy I’m thinking of, I think I read about him having narcolepsy… or lycanthropy…
One of those… its the one where you turn into a sleepy werewolf.
Narcolycantropesy?
Whatever…
Then again my brain makes up a lot of stories about celebrities… for example, did you know that Judy Dench rode an ostrich every day to the set of “Best Erotic Marigold Hotel” and that Patrick McGoohan was raised by otters and stabbed to death by one of his otter siblings because of a gambling debt?…
Not a lot of people know that…
I didn’t either until my brain told me about it.
Did I make up Patrick McGoohan?…
That really sounds like a name I’d make up… although I’d probably choose “Shamus”, not “Patrick“… or “Chester”… Chester would be unexpected… also I’d probably make his surname “McGoohannahannahan” with a number after it… Chester McGoohannahannahan XXII… because there needs to be a family history with that name.
Is Judy Dench real either?…
Maybe she was one of the leaders of those ostrich riding gangs that were a big problem in 80s London.
They made a video game about that… Grand Theft Ostrich.
Sometimes I see a movie like Golden Eye, and then associate one of the actors with someone from the news, which is why I though that the lady who played James Bond’s boss was an ostrich who was in a movie about retired MI6 agents moving to India, when she was really an ostrich gangster who rode actresses around London in the 80s.
But I digress…
Actually, I haven’t digressed that much… I haven’t brought kangaroos or penguins into this yet, so this might actually stay on track…
Wait… I made my point… I gave my answer… in the first sentence no less.
”Dad’s Army” for $500 and the Broyhill recliner.
Did I win?
Why are you still reading this?
Don‘t you know reading stuff I wrote can give you brain damage?
It’ll definitely make you gassy.
I don’t know how that works, but it’s been proven in clinical studies involving kangaroos working at a Bunnings Warehouse in Fyshwick, Canberra… Canberra… Okay… Fishwick sounds made up, but I know it’s real… I most likely made up Canberra… though I probably would called it Canabananas… That’s definitely easier to remember and it plays on the sentiments of people who like bananas, like chimpanzee and gibbons.
Anyway, some folks blame the flatulence on the sausage sizzles, but head researcher, Dr. Thaddeus Penguin noted that the sausage sizzles actually are associated with acid reflux and hallucinations and generally not flatulence.
Oop… Kangaroos and penguins!
Well, I reached my goal of working both into this reply.
Have a great day and thank you for asking this question as I needed to exercise my daily writing and eye strain infliction quota.
Cheers!

eclark1894

Visionary
I used to watch this show on tv at night. And when we got tired of playing cowboy and indians in the backyard, we played soldier. I loved the theme from the show.
1645206542437.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember her????
She was on at least three of my favorite shows growing up. Father Knows Best, The Andy Griffith Show, and she did a guest shot on Star Trek. I even remember the names of the characters, Betty Anderson, Miss Ellie Walker, and Commissioner Nancy Hedford.
1645218901225.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these???? When I was a kid, these used to be all over town. You could literally spot them anywhere., even in the park. I was a little older before someone told me what they actually were.
1645219810105.png
Maybe this will help?
1645219948193.png
Maybe you remember them as Lawn Jockeys?
1645220101277.png

Stezza

Dances with Bees
”Dad’s Army” or ”Father‘s Army”…or something like that…
I only saw a couple of episodes, either in Europe or maybe on a late night TV spot in the mid eighties…
The spot was called “Thames on Nine” and was a random collection of older British TV shows on WWOR TV in N.Y. back before it became part of the UPN network or the Borg Collective or whoever bought them up… or perhaps I saw it on PBS (Public Broadcast Service) …
PBS is mostly educational television, but it used to have lots of good British shows, like Mont Python and The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (with my all time favorite Sherlock Holmes, Jeremy Brett)…
Okay, Steven Strange made a good Sherlock Holmes and even though Bilbo Baggins was recast a discharged army doctor instead of a telekinetic hobbit like in the original books, I liked the Brett series better.
But anyway, I think the Captain guy in the photo was in some other show too… maybe as an obnoxious bank manager or business owner…?... If he’s the same guy I’m thinking of, I think I read about him having narcolepsy… or lycanthropy…
One of those… its the one where you turn into a sleepy werewolf.
Narcolycantropesy?
Whatever…
Then again my brain makes up a lot of stories about celebrities… for example, did you know that Judy Dench rode an ostrich every day to the set of “Best Erotic Marigold Hotel” and that Patrick McGoohan was raised by otters and stabbed to death by one of his otter siblings because of a gambling debt?…
Not a lot of people know that…
I didn’t either until my brain told me about it.
Did I make up Patrick McGoohan?…
That really sounds like a name I’d make up… although I’d probably choose “Shamus”, not “Patrick“… or “Chester”… Chester would be unexpected… also I’d probably make his surname “McGoohannahannahan” with a number after it… Chester McGoohannahannahan XXII… because there needs to be a family history with that name.
Is Judy Dench real either?…
Maybe she was one of the leaders of those ostrich riding gangs that were a big problem in 80s London.
They made a video game about that… Grand Theft Ostrich.
Sometimes I see a movie like Golden Eye, and then associate one of the actors with someone from the news, which is why I though that the lady who played James Bond’s boss was an ostrich who was in a movie about retired MI6 agents moving to India, when she was really an ostrich gangster who rode actresses around London in the 80s.
But I digress…
Actually, I haven’t digressed that much… I haven’t brought kangaroos or penguins into this yet, so this might actually stay on track…
Wait… I made my point… I gave my answer… in the first sentence no less.
”Dad’s Army” for $500 and the Broyhill recliner.
Did I win?
Why are you still reading this?
Don‘t you know reading stuff I wrote can give you brain damage?
It’ll definitely make you gassy.
I don’t know how that works, but it’s been proven in clinical studies involving kangaroos working at a Bunnings Warehouse in Fyshwick, Canberra… Canberra… Okay… Fishwick sounds made up, but I know it’s real… I most likely made up Canberra… though I probably would called it Canabananas… That’s definitely easier to remember and it plays on the sentiments of people who like bananas, like chimpanzee and gibbons.
Anyway, some folks blame the flatulence on the sausage sizzles, but head researcher, Dr. Thaddeus Penguin noted that the sausage sizzles actually are associated with acid reflux and hallucinations and generally not flatulence.
Oop… Kangaroos and penguins!
Well, I reached my goal of working both into this reply.
Have a great day and thank you for asking this question as I needed to exercise my daily writing and eye strain infliction quota.
Cheers!

and did you know that Bunnings now have to put the onion on the bread first then the sausage!

and yes... it is Dad's Army lol

they don't like the cold steel up them.. :flower02: :D