• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
The best 007, as far as I'm concerned, though there were one or two others that weren't bad.
Well, he set the standard, I'll certainly grant you that, but when I was growing up, Roger Moore was the James Bond I always remember. Of course I also remember him as:
1644082035040.png
1644082096879.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, he set the standard, I'll certainly grant you that, but when I was growing up, Roger Moore was the James Bond I always remember.
I liked Roger Moore as James Bond (and as The Saint). I also liked Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig. The other 2, not as much, in fact, IIRC, the last one (can't recall his name at the minute) was only in one of the 007 movies.

eclark1894

Visionary
I liked Roger Moore as James Bond (and as The Saint). I also liked Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig. The other 2, not as much, in fact, IIRC, the last one (can't recall his name at the minute) was only in one of the 007 movies.
I consider George Lazenby as the forgotten Bond. :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't remember if it was his portrayal of Bond, or the movie script itself. Some of the Bond movies left me wondering why they bothered, and some were so terrific. I guess it can happen when you continue a series for too long.

eclark1894

Visionary
I don't remember if it was his portrayal of Bond, or the movie script itself. Some of the Bond movies left me wondering why they bothered, and some were so terrific. I guess it can happen when you continue a series for too long.
I think it was his portrayal. Even Timothy Dalton was a better Bond.

robert952

Brilliant
I think there's a lot of factors on any movie/tv franchise when it comes to 'good or bad' results. The running 'gag' among Star Trek fans is that the even numbered movies were better than the odd numbered ones. For the first few movies a lot of the 'success' came as much from the director as the cast.

Same with the actors chosen for a role. Each actor, writer, director brings their own take. The fun part is that any given actor who played Bond (with exceptions of Larry Niven and George Lazenby) played the role in several movies. However, like you said Miss B, there were some that leave you wondering. Personally, I lean towards the Craig/Bond with Connery/Bond a close second.

It's a timely subject. My Mom and I discussed the Jack Reacher portrayal since we both binge watched the new series on Prime. (We've also each have read most if not all of Lee Child's books.) Comparing a book character to actors' portrayals made for fun observations. Similar issues of acting, directing and writing which all lead to the question of who is best actor in the role,

Miss B

CV-BEE
It's a timely subject. My Mom and I discussed the Jack Reacher portrayal since we both binge watched the new series on Prime. (We've also each have read most if not all of Lee Child's books.) Comparing a book character to actors' portrayals made for fun observations. Similar issues of acting, directing and writing which all lead to the question of who is best actor in the role,
EXACTLY!! I've read all the books, and when I found out that Tom Cruise, whom I like as an actor, was chosen to play Jack Reacher, I nearly fell off my chair. Just his height and body shape alone didn't fit the picture I had of Reacher after reading all the books.

However, as soon as I saw a picture of Alan Ritchson, I knew he fit the role visually. Now we'll just have to see how he does with assuming the personality of Jack Reacher. Here's hoping he does a great job.
FingersCrossed.png

eclark1894

Visionary
EXACTLY!! I've read all the books, and when I found out that Tom Cruise, whom I like as an actor, was chosen to play Jack Reacher, I nearly fell off my chair. Just his height and body shape alone didn't fit the picture I had of Reacher after reading all the books.

However, as soon as I saw a picture of Alan Ritchson, I knew he fit the role visually. Now we'll just have to see how he does with assuming the personality of Jack Reacher. Here's hoping he does a great job. View attachment 72416
Someone must be spying on my computer. As soon as Miss B brings up Alan Ritchson and Jack Reacher, guess what pops up in my YouTube feed?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Someone must be spying on my computer. As soon as Miss B brings up Alan Ritchson and Jack Reacher, guess what pops up in my YouTube feed?
Thank you for posting that Earl. THAT's exactly how I thought he looked and acted when I first read the book. Ritchson is going to be great in the part. His expressions were perfect. :D

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this??? I used to love The Rookies. That and Adam-12. Sadly, Gerald S. Olaughlin and Sam Melville have left us, but the rest are still with us.
1644117134869.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these guys???? I do. My favorite part of the show was actually a toss up between the car, Kato and the crazy trumpet in the theme song. I always thought it was played by Herb Alpert of the Tijuana Brass, but I found out it was a musician named Al Hirt.
1644118042824.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
Don't think I ever watched The Rookies, and I don't recognize the guys in the photo you just posted, so I'm sure I didn't watch that show either.

eclark1894

Visionary
Don't think I ever watched The Rookies, and I don't recognize the guys in the photo you just posted, so I'm sure I didn't watch that show either.
Green Hornet (Van Williams) and Kato (Bruce Lee). The Rookies starred Kate Jackson, Georg Stanford Brown and Michael Ontkean, Gerald S. Olaughlin and Sam Melville.

DanaTA

Distinguished
The theme song to The Green Hornet show was actually not written for it. It was a famous piece called Flight of the Bumblebee.

eclark1894

Visionary
The theme song to The Green Hornet show was actually not written for it. It was a famous piece called Flight of the Bumblebee.
That fits. Brit Reid was supposed to be the great nephew of the Lone Ranger. And the Lone Ranger's theme song was the William Tell Overture.

eclark1894

Visionary
Here's a bit of trivia. It's a guess which came first, the Doctor Who's Sonic Screwdriver or Green Hornet's Hornet Sting. Both tended to operate similarly, using ultrasonic soundwaves to open doors, induce black outs or start fires, but the Sonic Screwdriver was more well known and used.