• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ahhh, yes, now that you mention his name I remember him, though I didn't know he was Candice Bergen's father.

I don't recall this other puppet, only Charlie McCarthy.

eclark1894

Visionary
Nobody mentioned that Sharri Lewis also had Cecil, the Seasick Sea Serpent.
She didn't, as far as I know, although I did read that she did some work for Crusader Rabbit. But Cecil was a Bob Clampett cartoon and I can't find that Sharri Lewis had anything to do with it.

eclark1894

Visionary
For a quick laugh... Saw this online today. Thought I'd share it with you for a quick laugh. :rofl:
1639950490115.png

eclark1894

Visionary
My eldest brother made a career in the Navy. Ocassionally, he would come home and stay with us. One time, when I was about 5 or six, he came home and brought a reel to reel tape recorder. I fell in love instantly.:inlove:
1640027841765.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these??? At one point these were everywhere. At one point they were in every school classroom. We had one mounted to a wall in our pantry. They were in businesses, libraries, restaurants. Now, they're almost obsolete.
1640102806553.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Ahhh, yes, now that you mention his name I remember him, though I didn't know he was Candice Bergen's father.

I don't recall this other puppet, only Charlie McCarthy.
Do You know this Act, Miss B? The Ventriloquist was Paul Winchell. I didn't know this, but apparently he invented an artificial heart before he died in 2005. And he was also the voice on some Saturday morning cartoons like Dick Dastardly and Muttley.
1640104011340.png

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I remember the pencil sharpener, and the shoe horn, but I can't say I remember Paul Winchell. I didn't always take note of the ventriloquists who were doing voice-overs for the Saturday morning cartoons.

eclark1894

Visionary
We used to have one of these attached to our pantry wall when I was a kid. I remember we used to open the big cans with it. We didn't bring it with us when we moved, so as far as I know, it was still attached to the wall when they tore the apartment down years later. :D
1640128068875.png