• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

robert952

Brilliant
I got her book, Everything you wanted to know..., when I was in high school. It was a big buzz with everybody. Never saw her on TV. But that book was in the late '60s.

Dana
Yep. Also, along came, 'The Sensuous Woman' by J; 'The Sensuous Man' by M; 'The Sensuous Dirty Old Man' by A. I'd have to look up the real authors of the first two. But the latter was written by one of my favorite authors: Isaac Asimov. A very satirical look at the whole subject matter.

eclark1894

Visionary
Yes, they were banned, seems about the right time frame you mentioned. Sure it was fun! Drink a few beers and throw heavily weighted, sharp objects around. What could possibly go wrong?

Seriously though, at work we had to come up with a series of warning labels and cautions for Liability and Responsibility training. We used JARTS for the exercise. The 'instruction manual' needed 1 page for the rules and 15 pages for the warnings.

As a product manager, we had to come up with 'foreseeable unintentional uses' for a new product. Yes, people sit around a table and come up with ways the product can be misused and misapplied. But we humans are a creative group of beings. So, it's a no win game sometimes.

Just so you know, every warning label you see on a product likely came about because someone used the product improperly, got hurt (or worse) and then sued the manufacturer for damages. And, at least partially, they won their case.

Stay safe out there.
Just for kicks, how many pages for cigarettes, alcoholic drinks and paper?:sneaky:

robert952

Brilliant
Just for kicks, how many pages for cigarettes, alcoholic drinks and paper?:sneaky:
The first two have been covered extensively by persons more qualified than I.

Hmmm paper... only a Caution label on every sheet to warn about paper cuts. :geek:

(Caution, Warning, and Danger labels have specific conditions and qualifications.)

Foreseeable misuse...in a two minute exercise:
Do not attempt to use paper to extinguish flames. Fanning flames using paper may increase fire hazard potential.
Do not use paper to manufacture parachutes.
Do not use as a dietary supplement nor otherwise ingest paper.
Cups made by folding paper (in any method including but not limited to origami) should not be used to hold acidic, caustic or flammable material.
Do not use to patch holes in watercraft.
Only qualified and licensed personnel should use paper to manufacture ladders. (Refer to applicable ladder safety protocols when using such ladders.)
When used with pen, pencil, marker, crayon, and other printing and writing tools, unpredictable, undesirable and potentially dangerous outcomes may result.
Flying airplane models made by folded paper may lead to emotional outbursts.

To determine which labels, if any, should be placed on paper products will require further Liability and Risk Assessment Analysis.

(See... I was a fun person to have on your Safety Review Committee. And I spent many hours in such meetings.)

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
The sad thing is that you have to actually warn people about what NOT to do with some products or YOU'RE liable for whatever THEY do wrong. My thought is that if they're too stupid to realize they shouldn't do those things then either: (a)they're too stupid to read the instructions, or (b) they're too stupid to read and comprehend the warning.

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember him?? He even got his own tv syndrome! :sneaky: Cousin Oliver Syndrome. He was only in the final six episodes.
1635798649616.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these??? Now, I had a frisbee when I was a kid, but when ours ended up on a roof it had to stay there. Unless you got extremely lucky and the wind blew it down, no one could get it down. So. we would get pie tins and fly those instead.
1635945667692.png
1635945700698.png

eclark1894

Visionary
I remember both Hula Hoops and Frisbees, though I never had either one.
There was an updated twist to the hulu hoop in either the 70s or 80s, but I don't remember the name. You tied a long rope and ball around your neck and twirled it around. I think it was either banned or recalled because people were getting hurt.

P.S. I checked, but couldn't find them. I think I got them mixed up with Klick Klacks.

Last edited: