• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We only got Orange Tang here. Didn't know there were other flavours (now I want to try the Grape!)

eclark1894

Visionary
I had that model too!

Recently, I was trying to remember tv shows I watched as a kid that started in black and white then switched to color. In rerun, since those 60's shows pre-dated my tv watching days (the 70's). I actually didn't know they were color until I moved to the suburbs of a "big city" in the mid-70's and my new friends were "rich kids" (to me. Then, they were aka: "middle working class" (a moniker to be proud of) now aka: "endangered species") and their families had color tv's. Sigh.... On the other hand, I had radio, read a lot of books, built models, and played with "maker type" toys, which paid off later. Plus, fun!

The shows I recall as being B&W then switching to Color:

Lost in Space
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Gilligan's Island
Bewitched
Hogan's Heroes
Beverly Hillbillies

I always felt was that the shows got "campier" with the color. Goofier. Loud colors.
I don't think I ever saw Gilligan's Island or Hogan's Heroes in Black and White. I might have, but just never noticed. I hated when Dick York left Bewitched for Dick Sergeant. It wasn't as good.

eclark1894

Visionary
Could you imagine the outrage with candy cigarettes, these days? Talk about naked evil.
As long as you're talking about candy cigarettes, remember this? I never really tried it. I didn't even like the idea of chewing tobacco, let alone looking like I was doing it. But I understand they still make it, which actually surprises me. Like you said, can you imagine if it was candy cigarettes?

1624277082782.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember when they used to put gum inside baseball card packs? Or was it baseball cards inside gum packs? Oh well, I remember there used to be a huge picture on the back of the cards that you had to put together like a puzzle. And on other cards they had the stats on the player pictured on the front of the card. I stopped buying the cards as I grew older, but then in the 90s, I discovered basketball cards and started collecting them. I still have nearly a whole set of them from the 90s. I say nearly a whole set because there were a few players that were just impossible to get. Then again, players like Scottie Pippen were in every pack. I'd have to look but I might even have a Micheal Jordan card somewhere.

1624277994485.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this? I found out something yesterday. My friend up in New York adopted a little girl and made me her "uncle". She's cute as hell and I enjoy talking to her on the phone. Yesterday we were telling jokes and I asked her what do you call a group of monkeys? I had looked it up and found out that they are actually called a "barrel of monkeys". Obviously , it made me think of the game. In case you're wondering , a group of animals is different for a lot of animals, but the names they're given:
A "Stench" of skunks
A "murder" of crows
A "parade" of elephants
and...
1624278580020.png

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
wasn't Tang touted as being what the astronauts drank?

I liked it (as a kid). Now I want some :p
My older sister used to eat Tang with a spoon right out of the jar. I am not kidding here- her skin got an orange tint to it, and mom actually took her to the DR... turned out it was due to the Tang!

robert952

Brilliant
Re: Candy cigarettes - my parents were pack a day smokers; we lil ones wanted to be like our parents. They bought us candy cigs. (Parents quit in the 60s and still kicking with no lung issues.) One brand put confectionary powdered sugar inside so you could blow on them for a puff of 'smoke.' I love the old print ads with lines like 4 out of 5 doctors recommend a cigarette brand.

Re: Trading cards with bubble gum...the worst BG in the world! But you could put quite a 'wad in you cheek.'

Re: Wax candy. I tried it a couple of times...flavor lasted about 3 seconds.

Re: Model of Seaview: I am sure it will surprise you that a person who had all the Star Trek models would have this and the "Flying Sub." (I had a Space, 1999 Eagle model, too.) I never learned that you really didn't play with the models when they were built.)

Great, fun thread.

eclark1894

Visionary
I got a bike like this back when I was a kid. I left it on the back porch because I was too busy watching the Wizard of OZ. Somebody stole it.
1624315888054.png

eclark1894

Visionary
So I'm getting ready to go to the store, or as we say here in the south of US, "I'm fixin' to go to the store" :sneaky:, when I think "you know it's been awhile since I've had some Kool-Aid. I think I'll buy a pack." Then I think, do they even still sell Kool-Aid by the pack? So I look it up, and they do, but it's unsweetened. I remember that it used to be presweetened. I don't really use sugar anymore, so I didn't want to buy any, but I keep looking and Kool-Aid sells a can of the mix already pre-sweetened. I don't want to buy a can of the stuff either, but it made me think, why don't they sell the presweetened mix by the pack anymore? Seems like they would sell even more of it. The only thing I can think of is that it takes more Kool-Aid than it used to to make two quarts. They still sell Kool-Aid unsweetened by the pack though, so the answer must be that it takes a LOT more sugar than it used to to make Kool Aid. I've already got diabetes, so I think I'll just quit while I'm ahead.
1624364494405.png

DanaTA

Distinguished
So I'm getting ready to go to the store, or as we say here in the south of US, "I'm fixin' to go to the store" :sneaky:, when I think "you know it's been awhile since I've had some Kool-Aid. I think I'll buy a pack." Then I think, do they even still sell Kool-Aid by the pack? So I look it up, and they do, but it's unsweetened. I remember that it used to be presweetened. I don't really use sugar anymore, so I didn't want to buy any, but I keep looking and Kool-Aid sells a can of the mix already pre-sweetened. I don't want to buy a can of the stuff either, but it made me think, why don't they sell the presweetened mix by the pack anymore? Seems like they would sell even more of it. The only thing I can think of is that it takes more Kool-Aid than it used to to make two quarts. They still sell Kool-Aid unsweetened by the pack though, so the answer must be that it takes a LOT more sugar than it used to to make Kool Aid. I've already got diabetes, so I think I'll just quit while I'm ahead.
View attachment 69962
You could try to use Stevia in the Raw to sweeten it. I use that in my tea and iced tea. Even used it to make a hot chocolate once.

Dana

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't think we ever had Kool-Aid here but we did have Quick, I loved it as a kid. I think you can still buy it, hmmm might have to go shopping lol

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Yup, Quick is still around, as is Kool Aid, but it isn't as cool as it once was. Way too sugary now, and too expensive for what it is.