• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Anybody remember these candies???
1624068048615.png
1624068120042.png
1624068215748.png
1624068373739.png

DanaTA

Distinguished
Tiny little wax "soda" bottles. Barely enough liquid to wet your tongue! :D But we all bought them. Do they still make Chuckles? I thought I saw them somewhere in the past year or so. I liked the cherry and the lemon ones best. They still make those necklaces and bracelets. And, I've seen other "clothing" made from them. Bra and panties. :p

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
Tiny little wax "soda" bottles. Barely enough liquid to wet your tongue! :D But we all bought them. Do they still make Chuckles? I thought I saw them somewhere in the past year or so. I liked the cherry and the lemon ones best. They still make those necklaces and bracelets. And, I've seen other "clothing" made from them. Bra and panties. :p

Dana
I went to check. Apparently, Walmart still sells Chuckles candy by the box for approximately 33 dollars. They sell Pixy stix too!
I wouldn't have believed it, but I found the wax soda bottles too! Also at Walmart. :D

1624112650124.png

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I have to admit, I never understood the attraction for these. Of course they came out when I was in my 20s.

View attachment 69927
They say Ring Pop wasn’t invented until 1979, but that is not true , we had them early in the 70's in Europe, the first time I got it was in a Circus shop, around 1975 , was too pretty to be eaten, blue with a red sugar stone.

DanaTA

Distinguished
When I was a kid, in the '60s, there was another straw filled with flavored sugar...it was call Lik'm'aid. It seems Ferrara still sells it, in a slightly different marketing package. They call it Lik-M-Aid Fun Dip: Fun Dip

Dana

Terre

Renowned
I do recognize most of those candies and my little brother had a hot wheels track. We both played with it.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Who remembers hats like these:
OldHat.JPG

Ok, I don't really. I found this while going through items in my folks estate. I know it is very old, and a woman's hat. but that is about it. I wish I knew what the style was called or what it was worth. It is very fragile too. It sadly was not stored properly (as with most things here).

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Who remembers hats like these:
View attachment 69928

Ok, I don't really. I found this while going through items in my folks estate. I know it is very old, and a woman's hat. but that is about it. I wish I knew what the style was called or what it was worth. It is very fragile too. It sadly was not stored properly (as with most things here).
Looks like vintage feather hat from the 50's maybe $65 -250 on ebay if not damaged , check for vintage pheasant feather hats on ebay for prices

Terre

Renowned
50s or older perhaps? I don't know much about the subject but have seen occasional photos. MEC4D is likely correct or at lest close.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Oh Henry was pretty good. I think they're still made. Not sure about the Tang, though. I have a can of Hershey Special Dark Cocoa, they still make the regular one, too.

Dana

Terre

Renowned
Tang is still made. When I was young it came in three flavors that we could get in Albuquerque. Orange, grape, and grapefruit. I haven't seen the latter two in quite a few years. There now seems to be an orange mango flavor.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Mango seems to be a new trend. I just picked up an Ocean Spray Cranberrry Mango 100% fruit juice. It's actually pretty good. I often get a juice at BJ's called Mango Passionfruit. It's organic, too. Very tasty!

Dana

unreal

Noteworthy
Speaking of models... no one told me you couldn't take a bath with the Seaview!:somad:
View attachment 69924
I had that model too!

Recently, I was trying to remember tv shows I watched as a kid that started in black and white then switched to color. In rerun, since those 60's shows pre-dated my tv watching days (the 70's). I actually didn't know they were color until I moved to the suburbs of a "big city" in the mid-70's and my new friends were "rich kids" (to me. Then, they were aka: "middle working class" (a moniker to be proud of) now aka: "endangered species") and their families had color tv's. Sigh.... On the other hand, I had radio, read a lot of books, built models, and played with "maker type" toys, which paid off later. Plus, fun!

The shows I recall as being B&W then switching to Color:

Lost in Space
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Gilligan's Island
Bewitched
Hogan's Heroes
Beverly Hillbillies

I always felt was that the shows got "campier" with the color. Goofier. Loud colors.