• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Reinstalling DS, converting things to Dawn and Diva and my experiments along the way

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sounds like you're on a roll with your pose conversions. :)

Oh, I remember seeing something like that in Poser once, though I'm not sure how it was fixed. :unsure: Hmmmm . . .

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just playing now...in many ways it's been a frustrating morning.

I can fix the feet by enabling Ignore Local Transforms for the feet. I just need a way I can save it and just apply it.

So I thought I'd have some fun. Remember this outfit Miss B? Still a small pokethru on the right side.

Far journeyergreen.jpg
Far journeyer.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Adam who used to be a community volunteer on Daz's forum created a script that fixed translation issues on Poser poses in DS.

I can achieve the same by turning on Ignore Local Transforms on the feet in the parameters.

@Miss B , it's V4's Far Journeyer outfit.

I've stopped for the day.

It's Father's day in Australia and I'll go visit my dad this afternoon.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Adam who used to be a community volunteer on Daz's forum created a script that fixed translation issues on Poser poses in DS.

I can achieve the same by turning on Ignore Local Transforms on the feet in the parameters.

@Miss B , it's V4's Far Journeyer outfit.

I've stopped for the day.

It's Father's day in Australia and I'll go visit my dad this afternoon.
I thought maybe you meant Adam Thwaites.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't know when it came out, so it might have been after I stopped using DS 4, so wasn't shopping those types of outfits, even those for V4.

The funny thing is, I did have another V4 outfit that starts with Far, so I saw it when I searched my Product Library, and immediately downloaded and installed it. It's the Far East outfit for V4 by EvilInnocence, but it also mentions RDNA, so I think I purchased it there, and then it was moved over to DAZ when RDNA closed it's store and site.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm not sure when it came out but I'm thinking it was Pre Genesis which was when 4 came out.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Spent a large chunk of the morning weightmapping still got a way to go but I think the leg bends are almost there.
Given this is meant to be dforce I'm not really sure how good the templates need to be...

Attachments

• weightmapping.jpg
    weightmapping.jpg
    747 KB · Views: 109

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's something I've never played with, so one of these days I'll have to bite the bullet and try weightmapping.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I spent most of the morning on it. I'm not sure I fully understand what I'm doing but I'm getting better at making the mesh look straight when posed using bends etc...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea, weight mapping is tedious and annoying at times. When you get it done it's like Christmas but during the process it can feel like your in hell! LOL