• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RAMWorks projects

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Seems so. So far what I've noticed is that I have no slow downs even when the rendering engine is going full blast and my renders, for some reason, seem to be getting finished a bit faster. The render above took about 4 minutes, before it was about 7 or 8.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmm, I wonder if that would work with Poser, as I'd love to see an improvement on the 2 1/2 to 3 hour renders I have to deal with when rendering with SuperFly. Of course, that's not bad either compared to some folks who have posted overnight render times. Not sure I could put up with that, as I don't leave my computer on overnight, so that would mean tying it up for long periods of time during the day.

Last edited:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Give it try. You won't mess anything up hon. If it doesn't work just delete the shortcut.

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start /belownormal Poser.exe

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
My son wants to put a grunty fan on the CPU, that would make a big difference. I also have another program that makes the fan run twice as fast as normal, all the time. That is also helping. Lots of little helpers who keep things cool :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
If I lived on a boat my computer would have the best water cooling ever (after I chucked it overboard) hehehe

can you even IMAGINE how many times I've threatened all my various bits of ironmongery with a one way trip into the deep?! "If you don't behave yourself you're going out the wheelhouse door!!" Up here at Joycie's house I threaten them with over the terrace, it's a bloody long way down ;)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
So been busy with RL stuff. I'm moving back into my old bedroom but taking my time making sure that I'm putting things were they NEED to be, while trying to keep the Fengshui as proper as possible so I don't have to deal with any energy I don't want to have to negate. Still need to move the big stuff in but waiting on my new curtain set from Overstock.com to arrive, then the big move after they are up since the bed will be in the way of getting them up proper. Problem with apt life is it's always about every square inch needing to be made the most of and doing things in small steps. Luckily I have the time to do this right. I do have a friends that's about 99% sure he wants to rent out the living room for a living space so once this bedroom project is completed then Max will come back in and stretch out the carpet and paint in the living room to make the space ready. Luckily the window treatments are very nice so those are not needing anything. So I'll get back to the CG stuff when all this is completed. I'm itching to finish up some of this stuff but my minds more on the rooms right now.... Just don't want folks to wonder where I've gone off too is all! lol :p

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks for keeping us up-to-date Rich. Here's hoping the moving and such goes quickly and well. :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Curtians arrived. I frigging ordered the wrong length but they DO cover the window with a couple of inches to spare so I'll keep them but I PREFER floor length curtains. Oh well. So back to Overstock to re-order the sheers in the same length so they match. Max can't come till Friday so may fire up DAZ today and work a little on getting Tina's MU's saved out....