• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RAMWorks projects

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I saw that, if I had the cash I'd grab it, I've seen some beautiful results with it used.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yes, hyper realistic which is just amazing. I can NOT WAIT for the freebie script. I hope he's busy working on it. I want to control eyes, teeth, lips and other shiny areas of the body or surfaces. He's got so many settings, areas that have not been touched in the surfaces or pre made settings. He's gone above and beyond the pale with this script. Opens up so many possibilities.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
OK. Makes sense.... It is for hair strands though so not sure why that makes sense! lol
Think of it this way...most people have at least Dawn...they may not have your morph. So seeing it with Dawn is more likely to sell them on it as something they could/might use.
I made my own shader with this new product in the store at DAZ found here: N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

While it's made for the Genesis family he is going to release a freebie that will allow to use it with other figures and props. So my first go at getting my dear Tina done.... quite nice. I'm at work now so can't post the render but WOW... two maps only used. TWO! Hyper good results. Will make for a much lighter pack. It's all in the shader values! I'm impressed. Cool thing is it's a merchant resource too! That was a huge PLUS for me!
Nice to know. I looked at it too but like for Rae it will have to wait on my wishlist.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Honestly, I have to say, while the modeling on the Glam Ponytail is nicely done the finished style never appealed to me. SO today, as I'm coming out of my election FUNK, after submitting my next pack to the store (Strands for Fashionista Hair, DS only, sorry folks) I decided I really needed to see how my skills were at restyling something like a finished product like the Glam Ponytail. I think I did just fine.

I took the front puff after the bangs and reduced it allot, tightened up the back, moved the ponytail to a slightly different position, restyled the tail itself so it sits up a bit nicer and leans into Dawn's body and shoulder a bit more naturally. I got the blocky bang segments tucked neatly behind each ear too... those really bugged me. Brought out more the strands too. Redid the transmaps for the hair and applied my Auburn Strands to it....

Dress is an old project I've never done much with but wanted something shimmery on her for this render. This is rendered in iRay, DS 4.9. Dawns skin is her original original skin converted over to iRay.

I think Glam is on my list now for my next pack of Strands. SO I'll release the morph along with that as an extra.

GlamPonytail-Restyled in ZBrush with my Strands Applied.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
pretty Ram, that colour lilac is about the only colour I haven't gone (it doesn't suit my skintone) but I did have something similar with a dark teal, blue and light aqua :D

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks so much Rae. I really love working with color. Still trying to find my niche so it's probably going to be along these lines. Textures but still want to make clothing, poses and skins too... I need to clone myself! lmao

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks Pen. I tried something a little different with the second one and really liked the way it came out as well!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I spent the better part of yesterday updating all my strands so my next pack will be more like what you see in the second render. I did get info that the Glam Pony is no longer being sold so they wouldn't put a for sale pack in the store for it but doesn't mean I can't release a small freebie pack for it and include the morph. We shall see how it goes.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
dug up an older project.... Pan for Dusk.... Reshaped his legs and used his feet as the limb that leads to the hooves. The Hooves would be a conformer and the leg morph would automatically shrink down the toes just enough to hide them within the hooves conformer. The hooves are from my Pan sculpt I did a couple of years back that I began in Sculptris and then exported and brought into ZBrush for further works and then around that time Dusk hit the scene and I was like "hmmm" so here we are.....

Pan for Dusk.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Getting Bruno's iRAY settings more stabilized. Like how this came out. New UPS arrived today and got this new DS setting that one of the guru's at the DAZ forums turned me on to... basically the CPU is set up now to only give full power while I'm in DS, if the systems focus is on Firefox then power is spared for that so no slow downs while I'm working and test rendering. Funny thing is .. now my renders are FLYING.... may just keep the one NVIDIA card in the rig rather than adding in a second on after all.

Bruno shape is not dialed up,, this is straight up Dusk shape with the Bruno skin....

Bruno Skin.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
So here's the skinny on the start up of DS using this system saving process...

Right click on the shortcut of DS on your desktop and choose Properties> Shortcut tab.

Replace what ever is in the Target box with this:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start /belownormal DAZStudio.exe

Exactly how it's presented above. Don't add any parenthesis to it, just like that.... You will loose your shortcut icon so you will have to browse over to the DS Program folder and set that up again using the Change Icon button and that's it.

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\DAZStudio.exe

Glad you like the render. I do have a bit more work to do on the main maps but I was going for getting the surface settings perfected. Quite pleased with the skin, lips and eyes here.