• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Problems with Dynamics Sim

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Even after the update it still does it. And it goes to 29, then as soon as 30 happens, "pop!" There are no morphs on the clothing at all. And Lully said that it was Beta'd in Poser 11, so, it seems to be happening only for some people. I have Win10, so I wonder if it may be that as suggested above.

At the moment, Lully made me 5 morphs for the dress to match 5 poses, and that is working fine. I sometimes have to reduce Dawn just a touch for a tiny poke through, but overall it's a work around. I'll try the other suggestions again, after I finished the renders I need.

Thanks again all for the advice and help. I have learned lots.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, I wonder if it is a Win10 issue. I'm on Win7 Pro, so can't say for sure, but that IS a possibility, but you should try one more time with the dress parented to Body rather than Hip and see if that works, because it worked a treat for me.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Updated Win10, restarted everything. No matter which dress I tried (even the peacock2) it does the same thing. Runs through the sim, then after the 29th frame it almost instantly shuts down and the dress goes back to the pre-simmed look, I even tried cancelling the sim on frame 15, since it looked pretty good, and it jumped back to the pre-simmed look. I did try parenting to the body, as well as just doing everything on default. No love.

So, if it's Win10, then I'm just stuck.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, if it looks good on frame 29, couldn't you step through the frames one by one until you get to frame 29, and then save it, spawn the morph, then move frame 29 to frame 1, and delete the other frames as Satira suggested?

I think that would work. No one says you have to use what's in frame 30 if the frame before looks right.

I'm in the middle of rendering Peacock Dress 1 (the long version of the dress), and it simmed very nicely. I would try what Satira suggested, because I think that will work. Then it won't matter if you spawn the morph, because then it's no longer a sim, and you can delete the .abc file.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It's Windows10. I moved all my files over to my desktop, which is Win7, and it simmed properly with the default settings. But I only have 4GB RAM on that machine, so it takes forever. So, I had never tried it on that machine before. I did it tonight to see if that is what the issue is. And it does seem to be!

I can't stop the sim, while it's good. And if the sim finishes, then all the frames are corrupted. So that won't work for me. But, now I know it's Win10. If I need a dynamic draping, I can save it as a morph on the other machine, then render it on here, like I am with the Lully morphs.

Miss B

CV-BEE
So, if I'm understanding you correctly, once it goes wonky in frame 30, all the other frames go wonky with it? Hmmmm, that is odd. Not sure I've come across that, especially if it's fine for all the other frames. Sometimes a drape will start to go wonky about half way through, so it's not usable if it's only good until say frame 15, because the posing of the character isn't complete either.

Well, as least you've verified it's a Win10 issue, and that's a shame. I only have 8GB of RAM on my Win7 Pro laptop, and there are times I wish I had more, so I can imagine how slow the process is if you only have 4GB of RAM. Just know you can spawn the morph on your Win7 computer, and then copy it over to the Win10 computer and it'll work.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
@MissB, yes, it's very weird, and it seems to be Win10 only. It processes through frame 30 (though 30 is nearly instantaneous), it goes back to Posed, but pre-simmed, and all the frames are now corrupt, as though it hadn't been simmed, though, Dawn moves through the pose just fine, ie, she is now animated through the frames, but the dress is not.

I just need to know how to spawn off the morph, now. I didn't see anything in the file/save menu to do that like in DAZ.

Maybe someone can pass it off to the SM folks now that there is a little rhyme or reason.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Spawn Morph Target under Objects. Then just save the Poser file and open it on your Win 10 computer for rendering.

Screenshot is in Post 49.

You can also save the dress as a new prop with the morph. Just make sure you check Use external binary morph targets in General Preferences first.

upload_2017-5-14_18-21-30.png

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Now that I have my ability to render dynamically in Poser 11, I have a new question. Is it possible to adjust the chest size on a dynamic dress, say from a Dawn fit to a Diva fit? I tried injecting Diva, then putting on the dress (parenting to the hip as instructed), then resizing the dress to fit Diva, then doing the pose, save. Then doing the sim. But it still has quite a bust on it for a little girl. I can't find any controls to adjust the chest like I would in DS. And I'm not seeing anything that looks like the Transfer Utility to add morphs to the dress to fix it that way. So, is there a way to do that? Or in Poser do the close have to be made to order for the character? Thanks!

Miss B

CV-BEE
You would be able to do so by selecting the dynamic clothing, and then going to the Object menu, and then select Copy Morphs From... which will open a dialog box from which you should select Dawn. Then a Select Objects window will open. Click on Dawn at the top of the list to deselect all, and then scroll down until you see plDiva, and select it. It will select all other Diva morphs needed, and then click on the OK button.

Once that's done, set plDiva to 1.000 in the Parameters tab, and it should resize appropriately.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I can't find the "Copy Morphs From" Dialog. I tried a couple of the others but it didn't give me Dawn as an option. I did a little with the Morph Tools, but it didn't really flatten it, unless I did the Push/Pull, which made a real mess! lol. Flatten doesn''t seem to be working well.

Copy Morphs.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I guess the first thing I should've done was ask you what version of Poser are you using, Poser 11 or Poser Pro 11. I don't believe the Copy Morphs From option for Figure or Object are available in the standard version, at least they aren't in my Poser 9.

From your screenshot, it looks like you're using the Standard version of Poser 11, because my Pro version states "Smith Micro Poser Pro (64-bit)" at the top left of my Poser window.

In that case, I'm not sure how to copy the Diva morph(s) to the outfit.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay. Such is life. I turned up the Power on the flatten to maximum, and got it fairly close. Now I'm having Diva not playing well with poses, issues. So, going to restart everything. (I saved the dress as a new Prop, so hopefully, I won't have to do that again.) Then to see if I can get Diva to pose, (I did before, so I think my computer is just being fussy). Thank you again for all the help, at least I have a morph tool! Oh, and yes, you are correct, standard Poser 11.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Me, back with weird questions. Once you have done a SIM on a piece of clothing, how do you get the clothing to go back to the simmed version after you shut the program down and bring it back up again to work on again? Do you just have to re-SIm again? or is there a special way to save that I'm missing? I saved the scene, after the SIM, but when I pull it back up, although the Pose is still there in the last frame, the outfit isn't draping anymore. thanks!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I originally had that problem with PP11. It was finally fixed for me in a later update. The simulation SHOULD be retained when you save the file ... as long as the simulation file isn't deleted or the scene file moved and the simulation file is not also moved. Pre PP11, the simulation was saved to a .dyn file. With PP11 it is now saved to a .abc file.

Filename will be Poser Scene Name_Simulation Name_Clothing Name.abc

So, if my scene were named Deirdre Repose
Simulation name Sim_2
Clothing name is Boho Dress

The simulation file would be named Deirdre Repose_Sim_2_BohoDress_1.abc
If pre PP11, the simulation file would be namedDeirdre Repose_Sim_2_BohoDress_1.dyn

Run the simulation again, but to prevent this happening later, create a morph of the sim. To do so, select the clothing, then click Spawn Morph Target under Objects. Name your new morph, and save the file.