• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

PoserDirect is Closing Down

After 10 years of running PoserDirect and running Sparkyworld since 2001, the hosting for PD won’t be renewed this year. So around the 19th of October 2018, Poserdirect will be closing down.

Obviously, respecting the rules here, won’t be discussing anything commercial, there’s info on the site about that. But I can say it for a while it will affect the over 300 freebies that are stored there (it stores the ones on Sparkyworld and other 3d sites) . Over time I will be adding the freebies to other 3D/Poser sites, but that won't be a quick process

Why ?

We've recently had the bereavement of a close family member. Dealing with this, and increased hours as a carer, has meant I've not been able to give the site & content creation the time it (and the 3D community) deserve.

On an artistic level, "Traditional" Poser imagery just isn't tickling my artistic funnybone anymore. Instead, when time permits, I'm getting greater pleasure when using 3D in convergence with other materials, such as 3D printing, card, clay or wood.

Paypal and Googles (understandable) insistence on SSL is also an issue on technical and financial levels. Browsers and search engines are starting to flag websites without as insecure. Plus some hosts charge as much for the SSL certification as they do for the hosting! Many, like my current one, don’t allow the likes of services such as LetsEncrypt. Which after a funeral bill, doesn’t help.

So grab some goodies while you can and finally thanks for using the sites over the last 17 years. Though it’s not a total goodbye, I will be still around the 3d Community at times.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
My sympathies. I have enjoyed your products over the years. Thank you for letting us know.

Hornet3d

Wise
Sad to hear but in the words of a well known song 'even perfect situations must go wrong'. Families must always come first and that change alone is enough to question the norm. Added charges and changes brought on by progress just make matters worse.

I hope the family situation becomes easier after your changes and although it is not a complete goodbye I think this is a good time to thank you for all you have done for the community over the years. I look forward to hearing from you when you have time and I wish you lots of happiness as you expand your hobby into other areas.

Many thanks and all the best for the future.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Well, first, welcome to HiveWire, though I wish it was under happier circumstances. You and I have communicated a bit of over the years. You and your site will truly be missed, but I'm glad you will not be completely leaving the 3D World.

So sad to hear about the family issues, too. Never easy :(.

Thanks for all the years of PoserDirect and all you've given to the community over the years.

Hope you'll come back to HiveWire and at least just chat and let us know what you're up to!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sorry to hear about your loss, but glad to hear you won't be leaving the 3D community totally.

ibr_remote

Adventurous
Best wishes for the future. Stay connected, whenever you can. Thanks for the past content, both free and purchasable. I look forward to seeing them at other sites, if that is what is planned for the future.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Oh mrsparky, I am so sorry to hear this. I've been a loyal user of PoserDirect for many years, freebies and purchases, and will miss your quirky, humorous models...I do believe I have every single one. Please accept my condolences at your sad loss and I wish you the best in your real and 3D life :grouphug:

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
i´m sorry to hear ,my condolences!
and thank you for all the content you did and your generosity...hope to see you around the 3d world often!

Stezza

Dances with Bees
sad to hear ... I previously bought all your products and have always found a use for them.. they work great in Carrara

your store will be missed... and your quirky freebies

good luck with whatever the future holds for you

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I'm so very sorry to hear that. You have my sincere condolences for your loss. I hope your path gets easier soon.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Not being the sharpest nail in the bag of late i am not sure i understand.....so sorry for being a nuisance but do I understand it correctly that the whole store is for just $5.00! That can't be right!?

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Not being the sharpest nail in the bag of late i am not sure i understand.....so sorry for being a nuisance but do I understand it correctly that the whole store is for just $5.00! That can't be right!?
That's how I read it--everything for $5. Not $5 each, but all for $5. And I've nearly all of the items that are shown, or I'd find $5 and grab them. (The ones I have are really good things that are constantly getting used.)

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Whoa. That's very generous. Thanks to all the artists who contributed their work and creativity to such an impressive collection of content.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
And there are hundreds of freebies. The site is well worth a visit. Also, there is NO DATE listed for when they're closing (not that I can find), so go soon!

Once again thanks everyone for your support and sympathay, it actually means a lot.

As for the questions and thoughts some of you have, sorry if I miss anyone out and if this is the same post on most sites.
Just got off a 14 hour shift and I'm fried. So excuse the virtual dribbling :)

Bascially the plan is, stuff the commercial side of things come October, but the freebies are something thats important to a lot of you out there.
I hear that and I'm going to talk to various people to see if we can come with some ideas so that the majority can be saved. Possibly enmass.

PS - Rowan's correct about the sale, theres over 300 freebies and it's closing around October 19th 2018.

Semicharm

Eager
Thanks Sparky. Your lovely, and occasionally whimsical, items were a highlight during some dark times. Best wishes on your future endeavors.