• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

PoserDirect is Closing Down

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
They are COMPLETELY different...not to mention different genders ;).

Sparky (Philospher's Egg and CA here who has collaborated with HW on the HW Dog) is female

MrSparky (PoserDirect) is a male...

And then there's SparkyJones who is a Poser cartoonist. Oh and my grandson's nick name is Sparky as his middle name is Spartacus.

I hate to sound like a vulture, or a funeral director,

I find usually there isn't a difference ;) Though gotta say this one has been great, my family has used them for 2-3 generations and never any complaints.
Though as my friend said last time, when going to their house and finding they "work from home", most people have gnomes in their garden not a hearse with occupant! :eek:

Seriously though as mum died unexpectedly at a care home and that meant coroners and cops. It really complicated things, yet these directors didn't charge any more and kept us in the loop.

but is that when you are closing the store?

Roughly - that's when the PD hosting is up for renewal, though that host is generally pretty good. They usually give sites a week or two before swinging the axe.
Sparkyworld will stay up and as someone has offered to host the freebies, I'll just edit those pages then.

Hornet3d

Wise
I hate to sound like a vulture, or a funeral director,

I find usually there isn't a difference ;) Though gotta say this one has been great, my family has used them for 2-3 generations and never any complaints.
Though as my friend said last time, when going to their house and finding they "work from home", most people have gnomes in their garden not a hearse with occupant! :eek:

Seriously though as mum died unexpectedly at a care home and that meant coroners and cops. It really complicated things, yet these directors didn't charge any more and kept us in the loop.

but is that when you are closing the store?

Roughly - that's when the PD hosting is up for renewal, though that host is generally pretty good. They usually give sites a week or two before swinging the axe.
Sparkyworld will stay up and as someone has offered to host the freebies, I'll just edit those pages then.

Losing a mother is difficult but slightly more so when there is no real warning, My sympathies are with you and the rest of the family.

eclark1894

Visionary
Losing a mother is difficult but slightly more so when there is no real warning, My sympathies are with you and the rest of the family.
As someone who has lost their mother, Hornet, I will tell you that the pain subsides over time, but unless there's something wrong with me, You never stop missing them.

Hornet3d

Wise
As someone who has lost their mother, Hornet, I will tell you that the pain subsides over time, but unless there's something wrong with me, You never stop missing them.

Having lost both my parents a few years ago now I would agree with that, even now if I hear a similar voice or see someone with a similar mannerism the memories come flooding back. I think the biggest shock for me was waking up a few days after my mother past away, which was a few years after my father, and realising I was now an orphan.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
I've lost both parents (1988 and 1991). It does get better with time. Eventually. My sympathies.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
:grouphug:

Never easy. No matter how old you are or how old they were.

Yes to the above - it gets better with time and you never stop missing them (long, long time ago for me, both parents died before I was 19)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
My dad passed in 1981, my mom in 1993, and my brother just 10 years ago in June, so yes it takes quite a while, but it does indeed get easier with time.

Alisa, you were still a teenager when you lost your parents? That really had to be tough. I was already in my 30's, and living on my own for 8 years, when my dad passed.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
I was in my 30s, and taking care of them in their final illnesses, when mine passed. Not really on my own, as I was living with parents, but was taking care of them. (But then inherited the house.) They were very elderly by that time. (Yes, I was a *late* child.) And they were very ill. So death was no surprise to anyone. I think I mourned more the mother I had before her stroke (which took her mind), then having her die.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Alisa, you were still a teenager when you lost your parents? That really had to be tough. I was already in my 30's, and living on my own for 8 years, when my dad passed.

One several years before I was in my teens, the other just before I was 19. Yeah, definitely tough.

Hornet3d

Wise
I was very lucky to have been middle aged by the time I lost my parents so I had many years of happiness. They left a family with members in UK, Poland and Canada but we remain as close as present day life and distance allows. I was also lucky I had my wife at the time who saw me through the hardest moments. Now, with her own mother in her late seventies and her father in his mid eighties, I know the chances are I will have to provide the same support for her but I hope there are a few good years to go yet. The only plus is we managed to sort things so she can retire early and as they live locally we take every opportunity to spend time with them that we get.

My heart goes out to all who have lost parents and close family and particularly while those who were young at the time it happened. My mother was ill for a long while before she died but at least found final peace in a very well run hospice. I have found over the years that the memories of the bad times fade, the pain eases and good the memories remain close.

Miss B

CV-BEE
One several years before I was in my teens, the other just before I was 19. Yeah, definitely tough.
:grouphug: Yes, at that young age it's really tough. My dad passed a month after cataract surgery, as he had developed pneumonia on the operating table, so it was totally unexpected. Back then it wasn't possible as an in-office procedure.

My mom, however, had 2 CHF episodes during 2 years before she passed, and had been in the hospital for a month after the second one, and then a nursing home for a month. She passed shortly after I brought her home. I lived a short 10 minute drive from her, so I was always there when she needed me, but she was a very independent woman, and didn't want me moving back home after my dad passed, or after she had her first CHF episode.

Hornet3d

Wise
:grouphug: Yes, at that young age it's really tough. My dad passed a month after cataract surgery, as he had developed pneumonia on the operating table, so it was totally unexpected. Back then it wasn't possible as an in-office procedure.

My mom, however, had 2 CHF episodes during 2 years before she passed, and had been in the hospital for a month after the second one, and then a nursing home for a month. She passed shortly after I brought her home. I lived a short 10 minute drive from her, so I was always there when she needed me, but she was a very independent woman, and didn't want me moving back home after my dad passed, or after she had her first CHF episode.

That is so sad, I remember my mother telling me on an almost daily basis that she did not want to become a burden and she never did.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I find women are usually stronger in these types of situations than men, but that's a generalization, because you will find some men very independent as well when it comes to doing things for themselves.

eclark1894

Visionary
I was very lucky to have been middle aged by the time I lost my parents so I had many years of happiness. They left a family with members in UK, Poland and Canada but we remain as close as present day life and distance allows. I was also lucky I had my wife at the time who saw me through the hardest moments. Now, with her own mother in her late seventies and her father in his mid eighties, I know the chances are I will have to provide the same support for her but I hope there are a few good years to go yet. The only plus is we managed to sort things so she can retire early and as they live locally we take every opportunity to spend time with them that we get.

My heart goes out to all who have lost parents and close family and particularly while those who were young at the time it happened. My mother was ill for a long while before she died but at least found final peace in a very well run hospice. I have found over the years that the memories of the bad times fade, the pain eases and good the memories remain close.
Being young when a parent dies is both a blessing and a curse. I speak from the experience of someone who lost my father when I was just a baby. I have no pain of his death, but I have no memories of him either. I probably should see a shrink. It's amazing how his not being here for me affected my whole life.

eclark1894

Visionary
They are COMPLETELY different...not to mention different genders ;).

Sparky (Philospher's Egg and CA here who has collaborated with HW on the HW Dog) is female

MrSparky (PoserDirect) is a male...

I'm still confused. MISTER Sparky is male??? But Just plain Sparky is female????